Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
Image029.jpg

Image031.jpg

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
Good news the box and engine are refitted drive shafts connected and electrics are being refitted as we speak wont be long till its bye bye LCR !!!!

ArosaRacer

Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
all that needed is to sort starter motor problem out, A broken earth strap and refill cooling system, refit grille bumper and indicators

Last edited:

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Wont be long until its all fixed Gary :D Lets see who can get their Arosa fixed 1st lol !! Guarantee it will probably be you with my rubbish work shifts !

ArosaRacer

Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
it will be Boo, the gear box we fitted is'nt driving in any gear except 1st. and ive decided to scrap it now as i cant put anymore time or money into this engine and box. Ive decided that the only way forward is a 2.0 tdi lump and box to go in to the weeshed

ArosaRacer

Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
right im back again tryed to sort alignement out and this is what i have, 1st gear is in reverse position all other gears place a slight load but not enough to stall the engine? i also have no reverse. The alignment is done in one place or is there more adjustment to be had else were?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
your side to side movement isn't done right then

have you got a pic of the linkage for me?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
rod linkage then. 085 like on my Ibiza

I did the exact same thing when I changed my clutch.

undo the clip on the rod, so the gear shifter is loose.
manually stick the 'box in neutral (check it by rolling back & forth if not sure)
get someone to hold the shifter straight in the car
tighten rod linkage up

job done :)

CatB1

Nov 19, 2003
Manchester
www.freeserve.com
Maybe 3-4 years ago I posted on this section about g/box selection problems.Turned out to be the magnet that attracts metallic debris within the g/box had come adrift & attached itself to the input shaft stopping any rearward movement of the shaft.Not saying that this is the problem but if it had attached itself 180 deg around the shaft it would also have stopped any rotation of the shaft,therefore not allowing sideways movement of the gear lever.Check selection on g/box whilst rods disconnected. Pete

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise