Need HELP! - VAGCOM ERRORS

mALLA

Apr 19, 2006
Sussex
i was driving back from work today, and the EPC light came on, and i was limited to 40mph.

I pulled over and cycled the iginition and it went out and drove home. I later ran vag-com on my car (leon cupra r). and it came up with two faults.

now the obvious was the EPC , engine peddle control, but the other was about the camshaft? that sounds serious? i dont know if its alright to drive? ive tried to book it in to the dealers, and they wouldnt even look at it (under warranty) today, not until next week at the earliest.

2 Faults Found:
16395 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake): Retard Setpoint not Reached (Over-Advanced)
P0011 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
18047 - Accelerator Position Sensor 1/2 (G79/G185): Implausible Signal
P1639 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

can anyone help?

cheers,

chris.

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
i was driving back from work today, and the EPC light came on, and i was limited to 40mph.

I pulled over and cycled the iginition and it went out and drove home. I later ran vag-com on my car (leon cupra r). and it came up with two faults.

now the obvious was the EPC , engine peddle control, but the other was about the camshaft? that sounds serious? i dont know if its alright to drive? ive tried to book it in to the dealers, and they wouldnt even look at it (under warranty) today, not until next week at the earliest.

2 Faults Found:
16395 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake): Retard Setpoint not Reached (Over-Advanced)
P0011 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
18047 - Accelerator Position Sensor 1/2 (G79/G185): Implausible Signal
P1639 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

can anyone help?

cheers,

chris.

The first one comes up if you've been booting it for sustained periods or up a hill, and normally never comes back if you clear it.
I think the other one needs the G79 sensor replacing. Sorry, i dont know how long it takes for these to go from failing to failed but at least i've bumped your thread!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.