need radio code

dunc4n

SYPHER
Jul 28, 2007
sacriston
can anyone help me here?

i stupidly took the radio out to see what connectors where on to see if i needed to buy a new adapter for my alpine system (which i have to)

i plug the old one back in and it said 1000

ive looked all over the car, in the glovebox, under the ashtray (both of them) in the manual in the audio manual in the service book and nothing....:confused:

the code should either be in the radio manual or the service book (as in renaults as i work for them)

can anyone help me with it?

ive tried 2 codes i found on the radio itself and it has now went from saying 1000 to saying SAFE how long does it stay on SAFE for and where can i find the code either on the radio or in the car or will i have to ring up SEAT and ask them for the code?

dunc4n

SYPHER
Jul 28, 2007
sacriston
i thinkim going to ring up tomorrow or get my workshop controller to ring up saying that we have an ibiza in and we need a radio code for it, as im skint till the end of the month so i cant afford to pay for the code if i have to,

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
I tried to get my radio code from dealer. They said it was only possible if I took it in and they would connect it to their computer and charge an hour's labour for this. It's actually cheaper to buy a new Alana radio on ebay!

I phoned up another dealer who serviced the car for the previous owner and they were quite helpful and looked up the code on their system and even posted me a print out of it for free. I did mention that in the radio manual, it says there is no charge for a dealer to retrive your code :)

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
take out the radio, and post me the serial number. it will start SEZ..... and post ur chassis number and i will get you ur code, my bro is a seat technician.

dunc4n

SYPHER
Jul 28, 2007
sacriston
how long is the radio meant to stay in SAFE mode for??? mine has been in SAFE mode since yesterday, ive done exactly what it says in the book leave the unit on for 1 hour and it rests back to the code input but nothing has came of it still says SAFE

help

Yella Beeza

Now which way?
Jun 4, 2007
Edinburgh
Do you really just have to give the dealer the VIN number? I thought it was a unit out job.

Don't particularly want to pay Arnold Clark (Edinburgh) a visit if I can possibly help it. The service dept said I would have take take the car there. No code in the manual either.

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
You have to take the car in for them to do it now. It's a new policy according to Seat UK. You might be able to blag it but will need the serial number and VIN code at least. Otherwise you could have just nicked the stereo and want the code :)

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
take out the radio, and post me the serial number. it will start SEZ..... and post ur chassis number and i will get you ur code, my bro is a seat technician

wazb

Mar 29, 2008
Berks
take out the radio, and post me the serial number. it will start SEZ..... and post ur chassis number and i will get you ur code, my bro is a seat technician

Also have the same problem, if i email you the serial number and chasis number can you get the code?

wazb

Mar 29, 2008
Berks
Any luck??

i rang a seat garage up in windsor and they said they would charge £32:-o i then rang a seat dealer in narborugh where the car was orignialy purchased from back in 2002 and they said they would charge £11.50, both are offical seat dealerships, whys the price so differnt?

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
take out the radio, and post me the serial number. it will start SEZ..... and post ur chassis number and i will get you ur code, my bro is a seat technician.

could you do this for me please ?
i have disconnected my battery,then found that the dealer hadn't filled in the pissing card in the handbook.

pm sent ;)

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Any luck??

i rang a seat garage up in windsor and they said they would charge £32:-o i then rang a seat dealer in narborugh where the car was orignialy purchased from back in 2002 and they said they would charge £11.50, both are offical seat dealerships, whys the price so differnt?

They can charge what they want. All they have to do is look it up on the computer :censored:

Organic Nutter

Radio code input

I am having a problem with my radio unit on my LC it just keeps in safe mode (2 days now) well it actually says 2 safe?I have the code but nothing?I have just put a new battery in and I know it resets itself but no joy ?any help would be good

Nutter.:shrug: