Neuspeed Rear Anti Roll Bar

Klaus71

Sep 22, 2015
Minehead
Well after hours of research and internet trawling, I've finally bitten the bullet and purchased a Neuspeed 28mm rear anti roll bar. Let's hope that it lives up to the comments I've found on this site.

Having spent a lot of time R&D'ing Rear ARB's for the Pug 205, I will be keen to get this on the Cupra. I'm expecting to fork out for a front ARB in the near future to balance the car but will wait and see.

The daily commute is a bumpy old road with some proper tight but fast corners, most with negative cambers no matter which way you travel on it. I promised myself I'd sort the handling out before any power mods so this is one step towards that promise. Overall review may be a bit sketchy as I have less than desirable tyres on at the moment (ie different budget brand on three corners and Eagle F1 on the other). Problem is the tread is too good to simply ditch before their time is due.

Standard shocks were not so good so had to get an interim fix, ended up getting some Prosport coilovers, which are much more comfortable and reduce body roll but over really bumpy roads are still a little bouncy for my liking. Not my finest hour with regards to purchasing suspension upgrades.

Front wishbones are polybushed at the front with Audi TT rear bushes. Dogbone is Powerflex Black which is a little harsh when pulling away but fine after that.

Rear beam bushes to get replaced asap but at the moment, the ass end is pretty good.

On the cards is a much better set of shocks. Once adjusted though, I doubt I'd ever tinker again and from experience I know that after a few months driving the adjusting knobs will be siezed so not too sure on how much to spend. Whatever happened to top adjustable shocks like the old days??

Someone reversed into me the other day so I need to replace both headlights. I'm taking the opportunity to fit a FMIC (Toyosports) at this point and probably a better cold air feed. Engine mods I know but as the bumper is off, I may as well.

Lowered the car to the point where it is still practical over speed bumps (work has some pretty harsh ones on the way in) so will be looking at getting the rear beam spacers to get the rear wheels back to where they should be and keep the original wheel base intact.

As with every forum I've been on (lots) I know that pics paint a thousand words so will hopefully post some up when I start the work. Just replaced the passengers window regulator thanks to a pictorial guide on the net. Piece of pie.

Back to the original topic, I'm hoping the rear arb will spruce up the turn in as currently it feels very lazy considering the bushes I replaced (which stabilised the car massively under braking but that's about it).

Exhaust system is going to cost a mint as I quite like mine loudish. Future proofing may require a custom exhaust with electric valve bypass so I get the best of both worlds. Chavvy?? Maybe, but I've owned Subaru's with exhaust migrants could climb up and Mk1 + Mk2 RS2000's with louder exhausts than I've heard today. Crotchety neighbours can jog on!!