Neuspeed short shift kit for the LCR

iancupra-r

just done a search for these kits, but could only find one site but it would not open,

has anyone fitted one of these kits to a lcr, is it worth doing, and how do they fit, and are they easy to fit,

cheers ian

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
M8, I can safely say this is one of the best modifications you can have. You will not beleive the difference in reduction in shift. Cant say how easy it was to fit, cause a garage did mine, but somebody with a bit of mechanic knowledge im sure wont have a problem.

iancupra-r

ok m8 cheers, where can i get one from and how much are they,

cheers ian

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
iancupra-r said:
ok m8 cheers, where can i get one from and how much are they,

cheers ian

I got mine from Grant at Westec, about £90. also got the Dog Bone Bushes about £18, which eliminates wheel hop.

If you do a search mate, you will see everyone recommends these two mods

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Having tried them all I would rate them (in terms of feel):

EIP (westecperformance.co.uk/)
Diesel Geek (dieselgeek.com)
Neuspeed (awesomegti.com)

Although, in terms of VFM I put the Diesel Geek in number one postion (pop pickers)

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
I have 1 and it does make a hell of a difference!

A much more 'sportier' feel to the gear change

Mr_Magistus

who am i???
Feb 22, 2005
UK
Fitting is dead easy, ive got the neuspeed one.

All you need to be careful of its the little clips on the exisiting shifter, they have a habit of shooting off if u pull the off to hard.

feels so much better after fitting it thou,

krazy_jon

hi guys, i know this is an lcr thread but would any of the short shifters fit a toledo?
how can i find out the throw on the gearbox etc to see if it would fit. its a 6spd diesel if its of any use?
thanks

claydude

Been looking at the EIP ones from Westec.

So which ones have you guys gone for?

The 25 - 30% shift reduction (street) or,

The 40 - 44% shift reduction (competition)

Clay

warren_cox

Back from the dead
claydude said:

Clay

The 25 - 30% shift reduction (street)

Its pretty severe, and the 40% one would be too severe for daily driving. The gear linkage isn't precise enough for me to consider taking it that far!

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
claydude said:

Clay

I have tried both of these the competition version is way too extreme, plenty of opportunity for missing gear going up and down the box.

we tested the first batch from EIP that Grant got in with the EIP dogbone mount, I think Grant would warn anybody about buying the competition version for a daily driver.......hill climbing and trackday cars, possibly??

iancupra-r

there is a bit of a price difference between the neuspeed and the EIP, is there any difference in quaility,

cheers ian

LordNikon

Mar 6, 2005
Hampshire
I nabbed the Neuspeed one from Awesome, was here in 2 days, excellent piece of kit, alittle expensive but along with my coilovers its one of the best mods i've done !

LEO LION R

if you need to ask . . .
Mar 25, 2002
on the edge
Neuspeed was what i had fitted and so did quite a few others on here, it shortened it by about 50% and felt great.

Apart from the removal of existing which i wasn't brave enough to hit the first time it is a doddle, the end clips are a little tricky in case you drop them into the engine compartment.

Allow for 10 minutes to do it properly, ie clean out old grease with metal particles in the slide mechanism to the right in that pic, and re grease.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise