New Born Baby Car things help

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
My twins just turned 3.
Would recommend maxi-cosi isofix bases. We had the Pebble seats, which were good up to about 18 months.
Not much room behind the drivers seat in a Leon though.

Had a Bugaboo Donkey double buggy, which had an adaptor to allow the Maxi-cosi seats to fit.

If these are your first, good luck! :)
The first 9 months are a rollercoaster. The first few especially, when you'll be churning through 16+ nappies a day, and never ending feed cycles.
Things settle down after that though. After that fun period, having twins is no different to having 1 (we've also got a 5yo).

Top Tip: get the snip ASAP!

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
I've relayed your feedback to the wife and she said you had a fancy pancy buggy haha but the adaptor idea sounds like something worth looking into. Also on a seperate note, did your partner have an issue with any buggies that had air in the wheels instead of solid rubber lol my wife is worried about getting a flat, not sure my breakdown cover covers it haha
This is indeed our first but it's through IVF so I doubt the snip will be needed lol, as for the rollercoaster, tbh I don't like babies and never had so I hope it's different with my own lol
Also interesting about the lack of space in a Leon, I assume the wife will struggle in a Fiesta then, I'm 6ft2 so my seat does go back a bit

Sparco then?? lol

Why do you think she would not like it?
The brand didn't even make it into the list to check up on so I don't think she's a fan, as the better half is part of many FB groups getting all the info I assume not many of them popped up, the fact that Maxi cosi came up in the NCAP saftey seats that got tested in a crash they get much better praise lol

Scott_FR

Aug 29, 2016
@Jimbobcook we got the buggy 2nd hand for £550, and sold it 2 years later for £350.
Came with all the pointless accessories.

We've had 2 buggies with tubed tyres, and 2 with solid rubber. Got maybe 2 punctures in 2 years, but you can get innertubes for peanuts (we gave 5 spares to the people we sold to). Far more forgiving than the solid wheels.
Did have to pump them up a bit occasionally.

There's no danger of fitting any double buggy in a Fiesta! When they are older, you could fit a double stroller in, but for the first months you need the bassinet things. Take up a ton of space!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
@Jimbobcook we got the buggy 2nd hand for £550, and sold it 2 years later for £350.
Came with all the pointless accessories.

We've had 2 buggies with tubed tyres, and 2 with solid rubber. Got maybe 2 punctures in 2 years, but you can get innertubes for peanuts (we gave 5 spares to the people we sold to). Far more forgiving than the solid wheels.
Did have to pump them up a bit occasionally.

There's no danger of fitting any double buggy in a Fiesta! When they are older, you could fit a double stroller in, but for the first months you need the bassinet things. Take up a ton of space!

Yeah that's not a bad price and a pretty good amount for selling as well.
So it's the Seat Leon Cupra ST for the first 6 months then maybe in the Fiesta after haha The wife did mention about not using bassinets for ours but I have no idea what she is getting instead.
Thing is you don't buy bikes with solid tyres lol I assume you can easily buy a spare wheel to just put on if you were out and about and a small pump if it went down a bit lol

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I used a maxi cosi isofix base and maxi cosi seat that was rear facing. This also clipped in and out and we got some adaptor things that let it clip into the base of the pram.

I had 1 pram in the hatch and it took the whole boot so good luck with 2 😵😳

The pram itself was the cheapest in the shop it was a mammas and papas but thats what she wanted. Think was like £600 and that was pram and push chair changeable top.

The boy stayed in the maxi cosy rear facing seat until about 9 months old then i got him a Recaro Young Sport Hero non isofix and he is now 3 and still using that

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Yeah that's not a bad price and a pretty good amount for selling as well.
So it's the Seat Leon Cupra ST for the first 6 months then maybe in the Fiesta after haha The wife did mention about not using bassinets for ours but I have no idea what she is getting instead.
Thing is you don't buy bikes with solid tyres lol I assume you can easily buy a spare wheel to just put on if you were out and about and a small pump if it went down a bit lol
We only ever had one flat with the Phil and teds and that was in center parcs.
I took it to the cycle centre and the kind gent fixed the puncture.
After that I bought 2 new inner tubes and kept one in each car.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
We only ever had one flat with the Phil and teds and that was in center parcs.
I took it to the cycle centre and the kind gent fixed the puncture.
After that I bought 2 new inner tubes and kept one in each car.
We have had 2x phil and teds - and had a couple of punctures over a few years use.
Really depends on where you'll be pushing it! Ours went everywhere - not just on the footpaths so probably more chance of picking up a thorn.

First had the Vibe - aluminium frame one. Was great - light for a double buggy, folds up very compact and could fit in the tiny boot of the mrs Mitsubishi Colt! though our are 16months apart so not sure it would be perfect for twins? The frame actually broke!
Next up we had a Sport - these have steel frames and is much heavier than the vibe, and also not as compact.

One thing that annoyed me was the Vibe used none standard size tyres! so ONLY Phil and teds tyres would fit! and we used it quite a bit so had to replace the tyres.

Even though the downsides of pneumatic tyres I would still get a pram with these as they ride so much nicer. You can always put 'slime' in them to reduce the chances of a puncture.

For what it's worth we used a baby car seat using the cars own seat belt. (Cossatto) Worked great for us, and less bulky than the ISOfix ones - once you're used to it was very quick to 'throw' the seat in and loop the belt over!

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Just buy the green slime tyre sealant for pneumatic tyres. Use a tool to remove the valve, pour in required amount, replace valve and inflate the tyres. Keep one spare tube in case of a catastrophic failure.

Top up every 6 months or after a very hot spell of weather.

The above is the same principle as tubeless tyres/rims fitted to high end mountain bikes now.

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Hope you’re getting 2 of these for your new arrivals?…
F2C5062E-66A6-4AC3-8A7E-39FC8BD3389B.png

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.