New Cupra 290 ST offer.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
So was at my local Seat dealership considering a change. Looked at Leon FR and an Ateca.
The salesman did a few figures and I said nah, you'll have to do better, Anyway he pointed at a Cupra ST 290 and said what about that ! I said it would be too much considering the FR deal was no good, he started playing with his calculator and after a bit of haggling over deposit amount he then offered me the car with a ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, £7000 discount :wtf:

The car is in red (Black mirrors, black roof rails, black grill etc) with a DSG box. I said I'd think about it.

What's your thoughts ? Does that sound good or is the newer model £7k better. :blink:

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
So was at my local Seat dealership considering a change. Looked at Leon FR and an Ateca.
The salesman did a few figures and I said nah, you'll have to do better, Anyway he pointed at a Cupra ST 290 and said what about that ! I said it would be too much considering the FR deal was no good, he started playing with his calculator and after a bit of haggling over deposit amount he then offered me the car with a ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, £7000 discount :wtf:

The car is in red (Black mirrors, black roof rails, black grill etc) with a DSG box. I said I'd think about it.

What's your thoughts ? Does that sound good or is the newer model £7k better. :blink:

I've got no idea because you haven't divulged the full specs of the car nor how much it's actually going to cost.

Last edited:

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
Give you an idea, I got my 16 spec' 290 DSG ST in Nevada White, with Lane Assist, headlight assist and the panoramic roof ( which I freaking love) for £23500, 8K off list price. Only had 25 miles when I took delivery of it.

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I've got no idea because you haven't divulged the full specs of the car nor how much it's actually going to cost.

Unregistered 290 ST in red, DSG, Black pack. Car was priced at £31500, it had a couple of other options but didn't get the full detail of what they are.
So £6500 + £500 (test drive bonus) discount and he also gave me above book price for my existing car (I was in negative equity of £1000).
Price he quoted me was £24000 (got and extra £500 from my car)

Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Give you an idea, I got my 16 spec' 290 DSG ST in Nevada White, with Lane Assist, headlight assist and the panoramic roof ( which I freaking love) for £23500, 8K off list price. Only had 25 miles when I took delivery of it.

No sunroof on the one I was offered, but not a million miles away on price

Last edited:

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
Yeah I had about the same in negative in my last car ( a red FR 150ACT SC) .

It's a lot of car for the money.

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
I'm really really enjoying it, I know I came from an FR Leon but this cars feels completely different. It's silky, silky smooth on the gearshifts and the power is effortless even when driving around in normal traffic. Only driven it on one country road and I was chasing a sports bike around blind hilly bends at 80 ish and the car just kept hanging on. I rate my driving ability pretty high ( grew up in Tasmania which has some of the best roads in the world, and I used to drive really hard), but this might just be the first car I've ever driven where it's 100% is out of my league.

Sorry if it was long winded, but I really love my car. Plus you seem to get admiring looks from people (ok, only guys) who recognise the car for what it is. A wolf in sheep's clothing.

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
Got my 16 plate 280 dsg st at the start of march.
8k on the clock.
Full link
Leather pack, heated seats etc
19" alloys
Seat sound
Nav high

Despite it being a 16 plate registered in march 2016, I know it was only on the road for six months as it's an ex seat UK car. One of my friends works for vw and they all have to change their cars every six months and are fined if they come back tatty.

Cost me £21,150

You'll get a decent discount as they'll be wanting to shift it to make room for the 300

Last edited:

driver74

Feb 28, 2017
Unregistered 290 ST in red, DSG, Black pack. Car was priced at £31500, it had a couple of other options but didn't get the full detail of what they are.
So £6500 + £500 (test drive bonus) discount and he also gave me above book price for my existing car (I was in negative equity of £1000).
Price he quoted me was £24000 (got and extra £500 from my car)

Hope that makes sense.

You can get a new 300 4wd for £27k - more than £7k off
Google gb cardeals
Plus you get a decent colour (Silver metallic) included in the price ;)
At that price you'd be daft to go for an 'old model' and will pay for it come resale imo

PS I've had it with poxy forums who only let you 'post URLs after you have made 1x posts
Admins you're a bunch of fascist cnuts, life is about sharing info asap :whistle:
I'll get my coat now, tata

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise