Cupra 280/290/300 must have options?

Cupracabra

Oct 31, 2022
Hi,

I was in the end looking for a DSG with atleast, adpative cruise, full-link and 19" alloys.

I was only looking at 2016 model year for the full-link alone, Android Auto is a must in my opinion. Bucket seats, and sub 8 pack would be nice as well, but I like the fact that I can run 17" wheels in the winter and it's almost impossible to find in my country.

The car I got was a white Cupra 290 2016 with adaptive crusie, full-link and 19" alloys. I do regret not holding out and getting a higher spec with lane assist etc. But my car was stock, with 1 previous owner which is in my opinion better then a 5 owner car with better spec. How good is lane assist on a 2016 car?

What are your must have options for these cars, what's your ultimate spec, your thoughts about it and what spec do you got?

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I have a 280 DSG with heated manual bucket seats, sat nav, auto wipers and lights, but no Apple CarPlay. My dream spec would be heated electric seats, heated steering wheel, Apple CarPlay, virtual cockpit, ACC, sunroof, reverse camera.

Cupracabra

Oct 31, 2022
I have a 280 DSG with heated manual bucket seats, sat nav, auto wipers and lights, but no Apple CarPlay. My dream spec would be heated electric seats, heated steering wheel, Apple CarPlay, virtual cockpit, ACC, sunroof, reverse camera.
Nice spec, bucket seats look fantastic!
Electric seats would be nice. Sunroof on my ST would be nice but heavy. Auto wipers, lights and heated seats are actually standard in Sweden.
Virutal cockpit is great, unfortunately DSG/FWD is only available up until 2016 here.

mjj4

Sep 30, 2019
Bucket seats would be on my list for sure, and full link for android auto (although that one is an easy retrofit!). I'm not bothered by ACC or lane assist. I'm actually getting rid of the front assist/ACC on my current FR/Cupra project. Regular cruise control definitely has its benefits!

Reverse cam is nice but again an easy retrofit. The 8" screen is pretty nice too. Auto lights and wipers a definite as they're so convenient in the UK with our miserable weather!

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
I had a decent post-WLTP spec as SEAT honoured my options:

- Beats Audio (in lieu of Seat Sound); tinny sound; not as good as Canton or HK systems in other cars ❌
- Boot Divider Net. Must have for an estate car ✅
- Advanced Comfort and Driving Pack. Traffic Jam assist/ACC etc. Ok, but useless in busy moving traffic as people keep pulling into gap when using ACC. Good in stop/start traffic ❌
- Camera Pack. Useless, camera is too low, gets dirty too quickly in rain/snow ❌
- Winter Pack. Always a must - heated steering wheel would be nice ✅
- Safety Pack. There but only activated once when on a very long drive ❌
- 5yr Warranty. VAG build quality. Lower wishbone rubbers and rear light replaced after 3 years so paid for itself ✅
- Boot Mat Reversible. ✅
- Side Skirts. Look nice, second set now becoming detached. ❌

Cupracabra

Oct 31, 2022
Bucket seats would be on my list for sure, and full link for android auto (although that one is an easy retrofit!). I'm not bothered by ACC or lane assist. I'm actually getting rid of the front assist/ACC on my current FR/Cupra project. Regular cruise control definitely has its benefits!

Reverse cam is nice but again an easy retrofit. The 8" screen is pretty nice too. Auto lights and wipers a definite as they're so convenient in the UK with our miserable weather!
I like ACC, but I will probably not use it that often, only on the highway. Auto lights and wipers are a must, I thought that was standard on these cars.

The 8" screen is really nice. I believe 290 2016 have the 6.5". All I wanted was DSG FWD and I couldn't get that combo with the facelift.

I test drove a facelift and it's definitely an interior upgrade. But the white "leather" together with the white paint on my car actually looks pretty good to be fair.

Cupracabra

Oct 31, 2022
I had a decent post-WLTP spec as SEAT honoured my options:

- Beats Audio (in lieu of Seat Sound); tinny sound; not as good as Canton or HK systems in other cars ❌
- Boot Divider Net. Must have for an estate car ✅
- Advanced Comfort and Driving Pack. Traffic Jam assist/ACC etc. Ok, but useless in busy moving traffic as people keep pulling into gap when using ACC. Good in stop/start traffic ❌
- Camera Pack. Useless, camera is too low, gets dirty too quickly in rain/snow ❌
- Winter Pack. Always a must - heated steering wheel would be nice ✅
- Safety Pack. There but only activated once when on a very long drive ❌
- 5yr Warranty. VAG build quality. Lower wishbone rubbers and rear light replaced after 3 years so paid for itself ✅
- Boot Mat Reversible. ✅
- Side Skirts. Look nice, second set now becoming detached. ❌
Great spec, I have only a few cars got the beats audio.

Cupracabra

Oct 31, 2022
Lane assist is a PITA. Thank the lucky stars you do not have it
Does lane assist actively keep you in the middle of the lane, or correct the steering if you going over the line or, just vibrate the steering wheel?

Does it work more like a lane departure warning or actually help you drive?

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Does lane assist actively keep you in the middle of the lane, or correct the steering if you going over the line or, just vibrate the steering wheel?

Does it work more like a lane departure warning or actually help you drive?
It keeps the car in the middle of the lane. On my old Octavia with lane assist only, it controlled the car for approx 10 seconds before deactivating. On the Leon with ACC it's approx 30 seconds. The system is reliant upon a kerb and/or well marked lanes to function correctly. Works much better in mainland Europe than UK.

Also works similar to an aircraft autopilot system. Will pull you back into lane until driver input is overides the system, but requires additional effort to do so.

Cupracabra

Oct 31, 2022
It keeps the car in the middle of the lane. On my old Octavia with lane assist only, it controlled the car for approx 10 seconds before deactivating. On the Leon with ACC it's approx 30 seconds. The system is reliant upon a kerb and/or well marked lanes to function correctly. Works much better in mainland Europe than UK.

Also works similar to an aircraft autopilot system. Will pull you back into lane until driver input is overides the system, but requires additional effort to do so.
Sound good actually!
Is this also true for the pre facelift 290?
Does it active just when you get closer to the white line or is it active all the time?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members