New CUPRA Ateca 2020 photos and video (Akrapovič exhaust sounds immense)

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Added a load of photos to the CUPRA Ateca 2020 media gallery.

Some samples below the videos.

New-CUPRA-Ateca-2020_01_HQ.jpg

New-CUPRA-Ateca-2020_07_HQ.jpg

New-CUPRA-Ateca-2020_14_HQ.jpg
New-CUPRA-Ateca-2020_16_HQ.jpg
New-CUPRA-Ateca-2020_17_HQ.jpg
New-CUPRA-Ateca-2020_21_HQ.jpg

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
This has to be one of the softest facelifts yet. Exhaust sounds good, but I wonder how many people will actually spec it!

Reactions: Syphon

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
Found this video of the facelift.It’s a bit like an “unboxing” video and is in German;but gives a good look around.
Spec with the UK vehicle looks different in that I couldn’t see the new steering wheel mounted engine start/stop and Cupra button on the German vehicle and I couldn’t work out if was purely keyless as the dealer was using a folding key-although this was potentially a spare?

Reactions: Tell and Syphon

Tell

Staff member
Found this video of the facelift.It’s a bit like an “unboxing” video and is in German;but gives a good look around.
Spec with the UK vehicle looks different in that I couldn’t see the new steering wheel mounted engine start/stop and Cupra button on the German vehicle and I couldn’t work out if was purely keyless as the dealer was using a folding key-although this was potentially a spare?

Think I saw the Kessy indent on the door handle for the sensor. It would go without saying it would have Kessy in the UK market. The key blade pops out of the fod when you press the button...

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
Watched a uk video of the facelift yesterday and (same as the German vehicle above)that vehicle didn’t have the steering wheel mounted buttons either.If you look at the official CA UK price list,the buttons are in the photographs...
Looking at the new configurator,the new camo colour and the old flat blue aren’t on there,but on the drive the deal website,both are an option as are Brembos at £2k with the c and d pack.
I’m confused to say the least as to what is and isn’t available for the UK vehicles!

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
:unsure: You got to see it in the flesh.

2016 the dealer ordering system for Seat was outside of the configurator so we mapped the configurator codes into the dealers system... It still didn't stop the car being built without wireless charger.

It's really the build codes that are tied to the finished products VIN that resolves what's been built. When buying the Arona which was waiting in port but not assigned to a buyer used Erwin VIN look up to cross check what the dealer was selling against the brochure spec. In that case it tallied. Didn't trust the dealer when they didn't want to honour the website car finder site price. Rascals.

You have to / can splash the £8 hour time on Erwin to understand the build codes on models to resolve some of the issues. Been doing that to understand what's in the Leon 4 infotainment system of UK v abroad purely for research purposes :eek:. Mib3 ZN1 / ZN2 / Mapcare and connect services.

It's all rather daft. In my Ateca case somewhere between MK and the factory someone hadn't checked the mapping tables of the UK spec with the mib2 high in 2016 so they built all of those models specified that way without the wireless charger. People with the standard systems got their wireless charger tray. Caused a stand off on the day of pick up for recompense.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Watched a uk video of the facelift yesterday and (same as the German vehicle above)that vehicle didn’t have the steering wheel mounted buttons either.If you look at the official CA UK price list,the buttons are in the photographs...
Looking at the new configurator,the new camo colour and the old flat blue aren’t on there,but on the drive the deal website,both are an option as are Brembos at £2k with the c and d pack.
I’m confused to say the least as to what is and isn’t available for the UK vehicles!

It's not the first time a launch has had different spec than expected, "forgotten" at the factory. Look at the early MK3 Leon CUPRAs with missing rear window fins and 280 badges.

We're waiting to hear back from SEAT re the missing steering wheel buttons and if CUPRA care is included or an option.

Scott

Tell

Staff member
It's a QA failure of not checking the offer with what they are planning to build. It's not difficult for the guys in MK to study build codes and compare with what they specified. Either that's all passed to the factory and they are suppose to do this or it should be done in each of the country Seat HQs (good old fashioned O&M). Feels a bit slapdash from the marketting hype to not quite knowing what car the factory is building :unsure:. Still...

Reactions: Billyray911

skb

Apr 21, 2019
United Kingdom
  • Sad
Reactions: Syphon

Tell

Staff member
It's those if you can get the VIN number and splash out £8 on ErWin for an hour's time you can study the build codes if you get the urge. There will be something like with or without buttons :unsure:. Did a bit of that with Leon 4 to understand how the mib3 infotainment system was being sold abroad against the UK. These days due to the Euro / Pound shift the offer in the UK seems much reduced. Now to get the bells and whistles you have to buy a Cupra Ateca rather than an Ateca as options are reduced on the standard Ateca. Suspect Cupra outside the UK may get more options than the UK ones... those buttons...

skb

Apr 21, 2019
United Kingdom
It's not the first time a launch has had different spec than expected, "forgotten" at the factory. Look at the early MK3 Leon CUPRAs with missing rear window fins and 280 badges.

We're waiting to hear back from SEAT re the missing steering wheel buttons and if CUPRA care is included or an option.

Scott

any update from Seat/Cupra contact @Syphon about the steering wheel?. Its comical trying to ask this to the official Cupra helpline. Apparently it redirects you to Seat helpline and they have no clue about this. The lady on the phone kept trying to tell me to visit the Uk cupra website, but I told her thats where I found the Cupra Helpline number from :p . Dealers also dont seem to have a clue.

jt20vt

Sep 17, 2010
Anyone know or heard about the new cold climate windscreen that Cupra/ Seat have mentioned earlier in the year? Was told the Cupra Ateca and Seat Ateca were having the climate screen from vw fitted to the facelift.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
any update from Seat/Cupra contact @Syphon about the steering wheel?. Its comical trying to ask this to the official Cupra helpline. Apparently it redirects you to Seat helpline and they have no clue about this. The lady on the phone kept trying to tell me to visit the Uk cupra website, but I told her thats where I found the Cupra Helpline number from :p . Dealers also dont seem to have a clue.

“The steering wheel with satellite buttons (CUPRA / start-stop buttons) will be available very soon, initial build units have the ‘standard style’ wheel due to capacity demands caused by COVID-19.”

CUPRA Care question answer to follow.

Reactions: Billyray911 and skb

Tell

Staff member
Anyone know or heard about the new cold climate windscreen that Cupra/ Seat have mentioned earlier in the year? Was told the Cupra Ateca and Seat Ateca were having the climate screen from vw fitted to the facelift.

It was a special treatment rather than electrical... That's where you look at the German configurator and compare with the UK :oops:. Let you do that. That would would be my method.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
SEAT UK brochure shows it as a Climacoat windscreen which a bit of noodling around shows as being a Saint Gobain product:

Reactions: jt20vt and Tell
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.