new cupra r

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Whilst I don't have the mechanical skill to do what you've done, I'm kind of feeling the same with mine. Spent about 4k on upgrades. Enjoyed it for all of 2 weeks before I pulled out on a fast moving island and the car left me stranded in the middle of it with traffic speeding towards me. That was April. Since then its been in the garage every week or every other week. I've spent about £800 changing parts and diagnostics (no error codes) to the point the garage won't take my money any more. Removed my map (£340 wasted) + £60 to flash to stock. Now gotta pay £400 to get it mapped again. After changing everything mechanical it could be, it looks like I've finally nailed it to an electrical fault. Fingers crossed... cause I'm still really nervous driving it.

My point being is, I laugh to myself because the garage at one point had done more miles in my car than I had (they do a test drive every time it goes in). I was in the autotrader looking at cars. But personally, looking at what you've done so far to your car, its damn impressive and have said so before. I think you should stick with it... even if you have to take a break for a couple of weeks and regroup. And from the sounds of it, you already have the parts to fix it?

stevocupra

Jul 1, 2016
You need a list! Make a list of all the jobs needed and start at the top and tick them off one by one. I find it helps motivate me. You have way to many hours in to give up now. Remember the night is always darkest just before the dawn

Cuprakev

Nov 2, 2014
southampton
Lol all the car needs is a flywheel i have a brand new helex clutch but the dmf has play original oe clutch still had plenty of meat but im not spending anymore money on it might seem mad to u boys that i have a gearbox and clutch and all i need is a flywheel but ive really just had enough of this car all ive done is spend money and work on it only done bout 2 miles in the thing since ive had it which is bout 8 months

irf

Feb 5, 2014
I really can't blame you tbh, you've done a lot of work with no reward. It's a shame but sometimes enough is enough.

Cuprakev

Nov 2, 2014
southampton
Yh think its time for a change think it will be anouther lcr cause all ive had is auq after auq wanted to feel some ko4 power but aint happened yet

stevocupra

Jul 1, 2016
Sad to hear that but everyone has a limit. Maybe keep some of the good bits for the next one.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.