new cupra r

Cuprakev

Nov 2, 2014
southampton
Bits i have already done well not a lot to be honest i have plans lol i already own a modded 04 plate cupra with bam set up so gonna pinch the blue and red silicon hoses the 007p dv was gonna take the toyo cooler and custom piping but i wanna keep my fog lights lol so gonna buy a tx kit i think i like the airtec cooler but i think the tx is good value for money and airtec looks the same as the setup on cupra so fogs may be in the way suspencion im gonna go with prosport coilys and super pro top mounts i had prosports on my old octy vrs and had no prob with them. I have a oversized sfs tip on cupra so was gonna get the same for r but seen the new creation 80 ml tip so prob go with that bein as its 50 quid cheaper. Exhaust think im gonna go cobra i had piper on vrs sounded sweet but bit pricey i have full toyo system on cupra to quiet for me i already bought new pads front and bk but decided gonna put new discs on too so was think grooved mtec kit. Induction ram air heat shield and filter kit already have that on cupra but wont fit due to 3" maf so gonna need one of them too . Thats the plans for now bits ive already done started on car today done tinting on rear lights and carbon wrap front and rear seat badge paiting engine cover at mo but i no ill end up without cover was gonna go for the polised cam cover and mani but to much work so paintin will have to do for now .

Cuprakev

Nov 2, 2014
southampton
Oh forgot to mention done the pickup pipe last weekend as precaution as ive had the engine light in the past on the vrs sump was clean as a whistle pipe too but changed anyway and refilled with mobil one 5w30 as i think the normal oil is a bit thick and when old and dirty helps block pickup pipe even though i change my oil every 5k but thats just my opinion

Cuprakev

Nov 2, 2014
southampton
She is in good condition however theres a couple of faults with the car i have to get sorted see my misses bought the car for 5k and just had it delivered prob is if i lock the car and leave it it totally drains the battery even the alarm back up was dead but if i leave the car unlocked its fine which tells me its the alarm related gonna try swap the alarm off my cupra see if that works and the pads are worn out and discs have a lip on them so got pads just got to order new discs front and bk apart from that the thing is mint and like u say wot a gift lol think i gonna take some of the performance parts off cupra and sell them to pay for new bits then sell the cupra cheap and i have 5 months to do it up i got tge car on a wednesday then got a 6 month drivin ban on the thursday and yh it is a minter . What u drivin mate any pics ?

Cuprakev

Nov 2, 2014
southampton
todays effort so far gonna pinch silicon hoses off cupra put them on r and forge hard pipe after a good polish but gettin the degreaser out in min to give a good clean prob do n249 delete while im there

Cuprakev

Nov 2, 2014
southampton
Couple more goodies came today these cupra r number plate surrounds are a bargain for 5.99 a peice from awesome gti just gonna get some new plates to go with them ;)

Cuprakev

Nov 2, 2014
southampton
Well a lot has happened in a week or so and not for the better well i had running probs revs holding down on power etc after a big investigation of pipework etc it turned out to be a loose tip and a dirty tb was chuffed to bits wen i put the car bk together it ran sweet so i went for test drive round the block and pulled bk up outside the house and the car died tured the engine over worst sound in the world no compression instantly checked the cambelt broken :cry: i no the cambelt was due the car has done 60k so i looked into gettin a used engine expensive or dont no where there from etc so ive gone down this route recon head new valve seals etc skimmed and pressure tested ecs ultimate cam belt kit with kevlar belt all new tencioner etc water pump aux belt coolant thermostate and housing all new gaskets head bolts and tools nesasary for the job so ive stated stripping the car down and all pcv pipwork etc in good cond gonna take the head off tomoz i just hope theres no piston damage that would be the ultimate kick in the bollocks lol fingers crossed see tomoz then big jon is comin down to give me a hand timing everything up on 26th the :help: will be needed as i cant afford no mistakes 2 heads are better than 1 the bits have cost me a grand so far and hope all gos well as if anythin else is wrong ill be burning it out lol heres some more pics of the belt looks like its been rubbing bad one :wtf:

Cuprakev

Nov 2, 2014
southampton
This is how she stands for now ill get this car top notch if it kills me watch this space i have not long got a 6 month ban for totting points went to court to plead my case which wasnt my fault had a mardy old cow she just :banned: me so have till july to get this car to perfection ;)

Cuprakev

Nov 2, 2014
southampton
Well pulled off the head and theres not much damage if any pistons look good then removed wheel and arch liner aux drive belt pully and found the course of the belt failure wow there was a bolt that somhow found its way into the cam belt cover u can just see the bolt on the right anyway i got a head off ebay thats been scimmed and pressure tested new valve seals looks good but im sending both heads to woodmill engenering to be checked over my head looks salvagable tbh but they will make tbe best head out the 2 with new guids and seals so this is how the car stands at the moment watch this space for progress

Cuprakev

Nov 2, 2014
southampton
am i right in sayin that this is how pistons should look at top dead centre there are to marks on the crank gear one with pistons like this one with 2 centre pistons both at top ?

65coupe

I'm too old for this!
Sep 8, 2007
Southampton
i went for test drive round the block and pulled bk up outside the house and the car died tured the engine over worst sound in the world no compression instantly checked the cambelt broken :wtf:

How did you manage that if you're on a 6 month driving ban?

:ban:

what were you banned for anyway?

don'y worry - I saw - totting up

Last edited:

Leon1600s

Once a 1600, now an LCR
Sep 17, 2011
Berkshire
Gutted for you mate, but I'm sure you'll have it sorted soon.

Looking at your sump in the pictures above, there seems to me an awful lot of sealant squeezed out of the side. That shouldn't happen, it only needs a thin bead of sealant to seal it. If I was you, while you have it all in pieces, I'd whip the sump off, clean it up and reseal it. It would be heartbreaking to put it all back together only to have a bit of the sealant break off inside the sump, block the pickup and starve the head of oil!

Cuprakev

Nov 2, 2014
southampton
:whistle:I no lol say no more. Yh i no i did the pick up pipe a week or 2 ago and i put the sealant on the outside edge its comin off anyway lol got make sure no bits of crap have gone in the sump with head bein off pcv pipework being off and dipstick tube out some bits prob got in shame to waste 5 litres of mobil 1 but hayho anyway goodies turned up today :) more to come

Cuprakev

Nov 2, 2014
southampton
Went and bought more head bolts today didnt trust the cheap ones that came with gasket set seen reveiws of them snapping before they reach the right torqe setting lol dont need any of that tbh ide rather use proper ones

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.