New Cupra - what deal have people got?

jsgreen89

Hi. 1st post, so hello etc.. :)

To cut to the chase, I'm looking at either buying a new Leon FR, or Cupra (should funds allow!). I went to see the Leon Cupra at my local dealership today (Listers, Coventry), and I really liked the look of it. Pricing up online, for the following:

Cupra
Inferi Black - £350
Centre Arm-rest - £150 (?)

I'm looking at around £20,000.

Now, I haven't bought a new car before, so i'm unsure about what sort of deal I'll be able to get. Would it be possible for recent Cupra purchasers to list what they managed to get? Would be very useful! Thanks! :)

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
best bet is to play one dealer off against the others. travel to as many as you can within reason asking for their 'cut to the chase' best price, then phone them up again to tell them your current best offer. best price wins.

i managed to get over 5% off back in april, so i wouldnt settle for less now.

centre arm rest £100 i think, but dont know how well the fabric goes with the cupra seats (ask for pics in here the forum), and i would highly recommend you get the bluetooth option (and i think that may be seconded!).

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
The deal on my Inferi Black was a bit more complicated as I had a part ex, but basically I got halfway between the Good and Excellent price on Glass's for my Celica, I reckon to meet the Glass's definition of excellent would have cost me as much as I would have got extra anyway.

I also managed to negiotiate the Autoglym lifeshine pack worth £250 for free which I wanted anyway.

The dealers will use the excuse of Cupra are exclusive and difficult to get hold of to offer you a rubbish deal. I went to a different dealer the day before and got offerred £500 less on the part ex, but when I said I wasn't happy with the offer they instantly offered £500 more.

Let the dealer know you are shopping round for the best deal.

On an FR you should be able to negotiate a better deal and bigger disocunt as they are a lot easier to get hold of.

wurzel

Jun 2, 2003
East Anglia
Visit site
If you are based in Coventry I think it would be worth talking to Droitwich seat, salesman called Woody did me a great deal on my FR back in October (£600 cheaper than local dealer best price)

I did it all over the phone playing one of against the other (including part-ex although had to take car in for them to check what i'd said about condition etc) great service and would deal with them again. Dealers seem to quite like it as it doesn't take much of their time etc and if they are pushing for sales targets they will cut you a deal!

tommy-cupra

Jan 31, 2006
Prague, Czech republic
just for example how it works in czech rep. I paid my car 675.000 czk = 16 187 pounds, they gave me 15% off ( normaly car cost 19 064 pounds ) becose car was 10 days in brno motor show.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members