new drilled brakes

gus

Jun 27, 2006
hi guys just ordered some front driiled front brake discs from german and swedish just wondering are they a good place to get them, do want some rear ones if anyone knows where i can get them from.

gus

pickie

Jul 8, 2005
yep stay away from drilled disks :( heard some bad things about them, you dont want your front disks breaking up while your doing 130+ on your privace race track do you ???

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
if you use em hard, they will crack.
if you dont they most likely wont, but then again why did you buy em if not to use em :D

gus

Jun 27, 2006
discs

they wud be fine for just around town and motorway driving and a few races here and there on the raods wont they, they wont be used hard as they would on the tracks, wud they b ok then?
is there anywhere i can get grooved or drilled for the back wud it be worth it?

slowly but surley it wil become a beast!!!!!

biggest problem i have at he mo is the stereo sitiation. ive got a jl sub and amp and headunit,i see that not man people have fitted it where the tape player is , as thats where i really want it.is it that much of a mission??????

gus

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
if you can put up with the ripple finish they will wear like, and dont blue them up with high use then they will probably work fine.

the idea of drilled disks is for heavy use however to allow any gas build up between pad and disk to be dissipated thru the holes, run slightly cooler etc.

Its a question of use.. Zimmerman drilled disks are cheap as, but not great when used hard. (crack)

Beretta

Just gone over to Tarox G88 disc's front and back with fast road pads, and now they are bedded in, I cannot fault them, grooved as opposed to drilled, so no cracks between holes.

gus

Jun 27, 2006
drilled discs

off the topic of discs but has anyone fitted a headunit in replace of there tape player and had a new facia plate?????help please and anyone know where to get a face plate from? how much?

really wanat to get some base in my car?+!!!!!!

thanks gus

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Cupra_Wayne said:
Just got a pair of rears from Euro Car Parts £17 the pair for standard replacements.

Discs so good, you break your fingers fitting them!

I think you got the nail on the head though bill - many people uprate because they look pretty.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Beretta said:
Just gone over to Tarox G88 disc's front and back with fast road pads, and now they are bedded in, I cannot fault them, grooved as opposed to drilled, so no cracks between holes.

keep your eye out for the base of the machiend grooves for cracks.
mine cracked in 1K miles only.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
ibizacupra said:
keep your eye out for the base of the machiend grooves for cracks.
mine cracked in 1K miles only.
i was waiting for that.thats was way back when you ibiza was running 210 bhp :D