New e hybrid 245 owner

jackliebling

Jun 2, 2021
Hi All,

First Post...

I ordered an e hybrid 245 last week (stock car) from Seat Horton, cracking deal on contract hire (30 months is cheaper than 36 month BTW). Car was delivered two days ago.

Silver with blue inside... Love the interior, wasn't sure about the silver on ordering, but in reality it looks great. I was set on the blue inside, so had limited choice on exterior...

Have charged it and driven in and around London on just electric power... It is fabulous. 30miles as advertised. 5hrs charge from standard wall socket.

Anyone wants to ask any questions about the e hybrid, do ask... There don't seem to be many on here.

There are a few tech gremlins, the weird click that the screen makes (turned off on delivery) is emitted at random times. The foot operated tailgate works intermittently...! Wireless charge seemed to boil my phone and make it cut out. I don't find the screen overly distracting, the slidy buttons are easy to get used to.

There are also a couple of paint issues, the metallic flecks are weird in two places, a bit like grass stripes, they shine darker and lighter in the opposite way to the paint around them. Only in bright light. Not inclined to do anything about it as it's just a lease...

Cheers
Jack

Attachments

• 20210601_131947.jpg
    20210601_131947.jpg
    773.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 20210601_132041.jpg
    20210601_132041.jpg
    717.3 KB · Views: 264

bbglan

Jun 3, 2021
Stupid question but how much energy is used to charge it? I like the idea of a hybrid as most of my mileage is local. Is the charge cable secure when charging. I've got visions of some idiot nicking my charger lol

jackliebling

Jun 2, 2021
Not sure how to quantify the energy exactly. It takes 5 hours roughly to charge from the standard wall socket. So I don't think it's much power.

The charging cable locks to the car when the car is locked....

Reactions: bbglan

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
Hi All,

First Post...

I ordered an e hybrid 245 last week (stock car) from Seat Horton, cracking deal on contract hire (30 months is cheaper than 36 month BTW). Car was delivered two days ago.

Silver with blue inside... Love the interior, wasn't sure about the silver on ordering, but in reality it looks great. I was set on the blue inside, so had limited choice on exterior...

Have charged it and driven in and around London on just electric power... It is fabulous. 30miles as advertised. 5hrs charge from standard wall socket.

Anyone wants to ask any questions about the e hybrid, do ask... There don't seem to be many on here.

There are a few tech gremlins, the weird click that the screen makes (turned off on delivery) is emitted at random times. The foot operated tailgate works intermittently...! Wireless charge seemed to boil my phone and make it cut out. I don't find the screen overly distracting, the slidy buttons are easy to get used to.

There are also a couple of paint issues, the metallic flecks are weird in two places, a bit like grass stripes, they shine darker and lighter in the opposite way to the paint around them. Only in bright light. Not inclined to do anything about it as it's just a lease...

Cheers
Jack
Car looks amazing mate and silver is a rare colour. I have a VZ2 310 on order, but would be interested to see how you get on with your hybrid.

jackliebling

Jun 2, 2021
Thanks!

I've come out of a long line of sporty cars, various 911s, Cayman, m135i.

This e hybrid feels a lot faster than the 7 secs 0-60 suggests. There's quite some torque steer when I boot it! It gives a nice fake growl when in sporty mode, but somehow it sounds ok.

It's also perfectly fast enough just on the electric. The silence is eery. The car emits a sort of spaceship hum when in electric mode through the speakers, not sure if it does it outside the car too for pedestrians.

Reactions: Cuprakash

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
Thanks!

I've come out of a long line of sporty cars, various 911s, Cayman, m135i.

This e hybrid feels a lot faster than the 7 secs 0-60 suggests. There's quite some torque steer when I boot it! It gives a nice fake growl when in sporty mode, but somehow it sounds ok.

It's also perfectly fast enough just on the electric. The silence is eery. The car emits a sort of spaceship hum when in electric mode through the speakers, not sure if it does it outside the car too for pedestrians.
Can imagine it’s a different dynamic to driving. Hope you enjoy your time with car. Think the 310 will be my last hoorah with an ICE powered vehicle, so wanted to go out with a bang!! 😎

Cipper

May 8, 2021
I own one. I have charged it 3 times at charging stations. And 2 times în a standard socket. It takes around 3 hours for a 90% charge using type 2 and 5 hrs on a normal wall socket.
I always drive in hybrid mode so I don't know the range in full electric mode.

Last charge from a charging station was for 10 Kw. Around 2 pounds if my math is right. Of course, charging it at home will be cheaper.

I do appreciate the silence. My pops and bangs period was 15 years ago when I was in my 20s.

Reactions: bbglan
May 14, 2021
I also have a hybrid and it was the best decision I have made, didn’t intend to get one at first but they had one ready for delivery in the spec I wanted rather than waiting until the end of September for a factory build petrol! So far I’ve covered just over 800 miles and probably used about 250 miles of petrol the rest has been pure electric.

I have a few gripes so far with the car but overall I’m very happy with it!

May 4, 2021
Hi I have a Mag Gray VZ2 on order (hopefully for delivery in September). I have a couple of questions about it. Have any of you tried and been successful in obtaining £350 OLEV grant for a home charger (as the Cupra is not listed in the government grant scheme)?
Also if you have a wall charger which one did you go for? I’m looking at the My Box, Zappa or Pod-point and I wondered if anyone had any experience with them.

Lastly does the VZ2 front passenger seat have electric adjustment or is it manual?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jackliebling

Jun 2, 2021
I haven't tried the OLEV grant yet as TBH it charges in 5hrs from a standard socket which, over night, is fine for me at the moment .

I ordered an extension cable from Toughleads - https://toughleads.co.uk/collections/ev-electric-vehicle-extension-leads/products/ev-extension-lead

If I was going to get a plug installed it would be an Oehm one as it works with the Octopus Energy cheap tariffs - could save a bit of money by charging at certain times when energy is cheaper. I have switched to Octopus Energy for their night tariff in any case.

No, the passenger seat is manual and the base doesn't have an adjustable angle. It does have manual lumbar support though.

Apr 17, 2021
I haven't tried the OLEV grant yet as TBH it charges in 5hrs from a standard socket which, over night, is fine for me at the moment .

I ordered an extension cable from Toughleads - https://toughleads.co.uk/collections/ev-electric-vehicle-extension-leads/products/ev-extension-lead

If I was going to get a plug installed it would be an Oehm one as it works with the Octopus Energy cheap tariffs - could save a bit of money by charging at certain times when energy is cheaper. I have switched to Octopus Energy for their night tariff in any case.

No, the passenger seat is manual and the base doesn't have an adjustable angle. It does have manual lumbar support though.
The Zappi works with the Octopus tarriffs as well and it is rather clever as it is a simpler install and If you have solar panels and battery installed, it integrates directly with them and draws power when spare to charge 100% free!!

Now...what is the boot space like on the hybrid as I was offered a hybrid V2 also from in stock but the boot space and potentially older head unit and build date put me off.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Apr 17, 2021
Does anyone have the V2 e-hybrid, i.e. the 201BHP one rather than the 245BHP? Any comments on ride quality? I have the option of getting an instock car sooner but concerned about being an older unit as far as software is concerned!

May 14, 2021
Does anyone have the V2 e-hybrid, i.e. the 201BHP one rather than the 245BHP? Any comments on ride quality? I have the option of getting an instock car sooner but concerned about being an older unit as far as software is concerned!
I have the V2 version, the ride quality is very good but it depends what you are coming from/ used to, I went from a 2017 msport 320d and the ride is considerably smoother but I can’t comment on what it’s like compared to the VZ hybrid I got offered a test drive in a VZ3 but turned it down as I didn’t want any temptations

Reactions: mm8718
May 20, 2021
Do you use a crate or have you found a dog guard? We’ve got a dog and currently use a crate but i end up taking it out after every journey because it slides around the boot 😂
I'm interested to know this too, I pick up my petrol V2 tomorrow, I've been looking at ways to transport my 26kg Collie in the boot. Ordered a boot liner from Amazon (bit longer than the hammock used in my Civic to cover the bumper) but would love to know what others are doing.

Crazyfists

Feb 12, 2018
Hi Jack, Im taking delivery next week of my e-hybrid and despite a lot of searching online and living a fair distance from the dealer I was hoping you may be able to answer a few Q's for me please specifically around the charging and the cable?

1) Could you post a pick of the cable that is supplied please, I just want to see the 3 pin end and if there is anything else on the cable etc. The reason I ask is, due to the location of my garage to the driveway I think the best option is an external 3 pin socket that I can plug into, but if that end of the cable can only be used indoors ill need to consider another option.
2) The internet is full of stories linked to the dangers of using the 3 pin each time, heating up etc. I have spoke to my electrician and he says that as long as i dont overload the socket, it will be fine, 2.3kw is approx 10amp, my garage has a 13 amp rating as its seperate from the house
3) Point 2 probably means that I cant get a pod-point 3.6kw in the garage and the house is too far away, plus the expense of the pod-point means I will not get any benefit of electric for approx 1 year as its £800

Any info would be great so I can get set up ready for it arriving

cheers

jackliebling

Jun 2, 2021
Hi Crazyfists (how did you get that name!?)

The webpage from the toughleads company talks a lot about the cables and wiring safety. It seems to be OK!! I got one with an in-line RCD... I'm sure the 3 pin plug wouldn't come with the car if it compromised the safety of a house that has been correctly wired.

Up until now I have just been using a high grade garden Masterplug extension with heat cut out, the cable gets no more than a little warm - as long as it isn't wound. But that's temporary until the tough leads arrives.

The neck of the plug from the Cupra charger is a little thick to fit in some external plugs sockets... See the pics here

Attachments

• 20210607_215504.jpg
    20210607_215504.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 20210607_215506.jpg
    20210607_215506.jpg
    566.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 20210607_215508.jpg
    20210607_215508.jpg
    566.7 KB · Views: 91
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.