New e hybrid 245 owner

jackliebling

Jun 2, 2021
Re the dog, I have a quilted liner that I have reused from my BMW X3. Then my dog has a big bed on which to lounge, takes up most of the boot.

I'd get one of these and the Versaliner Boot liner if they didn't narrow the boot so much with the side panels - it's a pity they cut off all the side space - good for golf clubs etc

Reactions: WorcesterBlue

Crazyfists

Feb 12, 2018
Hi jack, (36Crazyfists is a band haha) from my younger days, check em out

Anyway, thanks so much for such a quick reply. So the picks you sent are of the supplied cable with the car? Is there a box a little further down with LED's on it?

Also, you are totally right, they would not supply it etc if it was risky etc, totally agree and ill get the right socket fitted for sure. So do you think plugginh into an external socket would be ok, or should i feed the cable into the garage and just use the socket in there somehow?

Oh and last thing, how long is the supplied cable

honestly thanks again

Last edited:

jackliebling

Jun 2, 2021
Yes. There is a roughly 20x15x10cm unit with a few lights on it a little further down the chord. Out of that comes long wire with the type 2 connector for the car.

As I said, the 3 pin plug photographed won't fit in some outside sockets because of the thickness of the neck.

If I were you, I'd just get the correct length extension from Tough leads and snake it outside, one with the bigger housing to accommodate the larger plug and an inine rcd. It's way cheaper that

Ian986

Jun 23, 2021
I am about to order and get V2 204 Hybrid which is same price as 150 petrol so can’t go wrong can I ?

Crazyfists

Feb 12, 2018
Had mine a week now, LOVE IT!!! - If you can get it for the same price its a no brainer in my opinion - You will have a more expensive car, more attractive for resale in the long run and if convenient, more power and more efficiency especially if you can utilise the Electric as much as possible not to mention those little extra toys, Air Con in the AM on a frosty day before you get to the car, that sort of thing

Reactions: Ian986

Ian986

Jun 23, 2021
I know it is not ideal, but how well do the battery charge up when driving I have been watch loads of videos on line in various different languages try to work out what they are saying

RichardTaylor

Jun 13, 2021
When the charge is gone, it will go into hybrid mode, from what the dealer told me (I pick mine up on Tuesday) so even if you don’t charge it up, it can still do short distances on electric only. The 204 absolutely flies. I do about 7 miles to and from work a day, so it will be a long time before I put fuel in it.

Reactions: Ian986

jackliebling

Jun 2, 2021
I'm in a hilly area in Spain for a couple of months with my 245 ehybrid. Driving down the hill for 3 mins gets me to about 7% charge. Normal driving, it sits around 1%, it still gives bursts of electric.

On the long journey down to Spain the car (with aerodynamically limiting roof box) averaged about 38mpgm..

Cipper

May 8, 2021
No, if you dont charge it you cant go full electric. Below 10% or so will default to hybrid.

Barry7051

Jun 10, 2021
Stupid question but how much energy is used to charge it? I like the idea of a hybrid as most of my mileage is local. Is the charge cable secure when charging. I've got visions of some idiot nicking my charger lol
Hi, I am a 245 owner since 24th June. The charger cable locks into the vehicle and cannot be removed during the charging process. You could cut the cable of course whilst charging but look out for the sparks!! As for how much energy? I am still negotiating the wall box, smart meter nightmare. I have taken the view that I have spent a lot on the car and until the charger and everything else is installed tested and working, I have no option but to charge it using my Tough Lead mains lead at peak rate. There is a mass of Stats available on the Connect app / Infotainment centre. But its not relevant because if you have the car. I know that mine is returning between 70-90mpg, that was unheard of in my ATECA. I wont know how much its cost in electricity until I get my smart meter, I could be drawing more current than Dungerness B!!

Reactions: bbglan

Barry7051

Jun 10, 2021
I am about to order and get V2 204 Hybrid which is same price as 150 petrol so can’t go wrong can I ?
Please check and manage your expectations carefully! On the CUPRA official.co.uk website you V2 RRP is £38800 that exceeds the £35000 limit for an OLEV grant, so NO £350. I went through this wasted a lot of time. If you are going with Octopus look at EOcharging, their preferred installer and ask about the VW deal that gives you £90/8000 miles free upon submission of the purchase documents from your CUPRA purchase! Goes a little way in managing the disappointment!!!

jackliebling

Jun 2, 2021
I have now driven 2500 miles in my 245 hybrid, all the way to southern Spain. Average fuel consumption with plenty of city and motorway is 48.5 mpg which for a petrol car is pretty good. Motorway consumption when the battery is on 1 percent (so running in hybrid) is that of a frugal petrol car around 40mpg. Driving on electric only in town is really fabulous... I can see how electric is the future, and it no longer scares me.

So far I've only charged from normal wall socket and I don't see the need for a fast charger. It charges in 5.5 hrs from a wall socket (had a fresh on installed so it is on it's own RCD) and losing 2hrs from the charge time at a cost of £900 seems a bit pointless.

Last edited:
Reactions: CupraNewboy

Cuprakash

May 9, 2021
Guys

How long is the granny charger lead?

I'll be getting a tough leads extension as I'm sure I'll need one but I just need to know what size I'll need to order.

Oct 10, 2021
Hi, I am from Croatia so sorry for my english.
I have canceled my order for a 2.0 TSI 245 DSG and decided to buy a 1.4 e-hybrid 245. The plan is to drive mostly on electricity. But after this article, I'm interested in how much you can drive on electricity. Can you share your experiences.

Cuprakash

May 9, 2021
Hi, I am from Croatia so sorry for my english.
I have canceled my order for a 2.0 TSI 245 DSG and decided to buy a 1.4 e-hybrid 245. The plan is to drive mostly on electricity. But after this article, I'm interested in how much you can drive on electricity. Can you share your experiences.
In the winter in the UK I'm getting 20 to 26 miles to a full charge...when it warmer,30 to 35.

Ian986

Jun 23, 2021
We seem to get 30 ish now. Got 32 in summer might be our car is in a garage so battery’s are not so cold as others however if you drive on a motorway the range drops fast but around town it is fine

Oct 10, 2021
I apologize for putting a post in multiple threads. I don't know why there are multiple threads on the same topic at all.
Thank you very much for your reply.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.