New exhaust on wednesday...

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Just got off the phone to AMD a bit ago got myself booked in to have my new de-cat and system fitted...:D

Just had a thought though im going to get an exhaust place to make me up a removable section so i can swap in and out the standard cat for the mot without having to worry about taking off the d/p...

Bit of a wierd question i wouldnt of thought it would matter. But wanted others thoughts on this does it matter where the cat actually goes in the exhaust system as opposed to doing its job..?

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
blueflame in the end 3” to2.5” its huge, no idea how there going to make it fit but thats for them to worry about lol, im wanting lots of pops and bangs, maybe even the odd flame...:whistle:

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Niiiice one, blueflame decat will pop bang and spit flames for sure. Mine with the sports cat pops and bangs quite abit on lift off and when you give it some abuse. Its a great exhaust well made and a good price. ENJOY :D

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
:censored: why does nothing ever go right...

Droped the car off at AMD all good, got a call earlier one of the d/p studs had snapped trying to get he standard d/p off.
Now they have to take off the turbo to get the thing out so im not going to ave the car back till tomorow afternoon at some point which is a problem as ive got to be at work at 7 in the morning with no way to get there :cry:

Whats worse is he told me it would be about £240+ vat to do it...But it doesnt seem right that i should have to pay for somthing that they done..??

May 25, 2008
cambs
gutted mate ! I had two of the studs snap on me just unlucky i suppose , and no you shouldn't have to pay for it it was thier mistake

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Thats a shitter mate :( Sorry to hear about that, when i got my BF turbo back done i bit the bullet and drop up to manchester to BF themselves, took them almost two hours to get the standard bolts off, had to heat them up and everything and one did snap but they didnt charge me extra. Try and negotiate the price down if you can and just keep thinking how nice the car will be when its all done.

Chin up;)

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
gutted mate ! I had two of the studs snap on me just unlucky i suppose , and no you shouldn't have to pay for it it was thier mistake

Yea ive read it can happen going to try and come to some sort of agrement with them when i finally get it back...

Thats a shitter mate :( Sorry to hear about that, when i got my BF turbo back done i bit the bullet and drop up to manchester to BF themselves, took them almost two hours to get the standard bolts off, had to heat them up and everything and one did snap but they didnt charge me extra. Try and negotiate the price down if you can and just keep thinking how nice the car will be when its all done.

Chin up;)

Think they would of been alright with it if they could of got it out easy, they did ring me and said it had snapped but had a bit of thread still hanging out but it snapped again inside the turbo, which is why they had to remove it, spose on the upside they will check the condition of the turbo while its off..
I no i still cant wait to get it back to see what it sounds like.

hmm mine went off easy with mucle power:Djust sprayd them with wd40 came lose on first try

You should of told me before i would of driven it down to yours. The round trip proberly wouldnt of cost much more than its going to anyway ;)

Jan 13, 2010
UK
bummer that mate, sopose its no ones fault though, if it was goin to snap it would have snapped who ever done it ???

CatB1

Nov 19, 2003
Manchester
www.freeserve.com
Sadly it goes with the territory, the bolts are in a very harsh environment, massive heat cycles in seconds from when the car is first started. The only way round it would be to fit High Tensile bolts but due to dissimilar metals the problem would then be transferred to the housings that the fasteners are located in.

Pete

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway
Yea ive read it can happen going to try and come to some sort of agrement with them when i finally get it back...

Think they would of been alright with it if they could of got it out easy, they did ring me and said it had snapped but had a bit of thread still hanging out but it snapped again inside the turbo, which is why they had to remove it, spose on the upside they will check the condition of the turbo while its off..
I no i still cant wait to get it back to see what it sounds like.

You should of told me before i would of driven it down to yours. The round trip proberly wouldnt of cost much more than its going to anyway ;)

haha nice trip:) think the problem is that the over tight them.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise