New Formentor owner and a few questions

Jul 3, 2021
Hi all,

New Formentor owner here... Well, wife is to be fair. Got her a new Formentor e-hybrid 245 as per her instructions! She's coming from a Seat Leon FR estate - the 182bhp DSG variant. She loved that car however, it was time to see it off. She wanted VZ2 spec, matt grey paint, panoramic roof and some fancy 'exclusive' alloy wheels which are, to be fair, very fetching. It's a stunning looking vehicle. She loves it and it's getting huge attention in our area.

We took delivery a couple of days ago and me - being tech support - am setting it up and if I'm honest surprised at the amoiunt of issues and quirks with the infotainment and other aspects of the car's presentation. FWIW it's build week 15 and running v.1803.

I should add that my frame of reference for a modern infotainment system is iDrive 7 on my BMW and while, there's a few idiosyncrasies with it, it's pretty much a flawless system. I'm in a 330e x-drive M-Sport Plus edition.

I do have a few questions that I'm hoping some of you might be able to advise on. I've gone thru most posts and have not found the answers.

1 - CarPlay. is there anything that can be done to resolve this infuriating stuttering issue. On all services (Apple Music, Spotify, Audible, Radio Paradise, Amazon Music etc) all songs stutter and 'jump' like an old vinyl record with a scratch. I'll be raising this with the dealer on Monday as CarPlay is unusable. Wireless of course - will try wired tomorrow but not the point I suppose! On iPhone 11 Pro and 12 Pro.

2 - probably not an issue per se, but is it possible to have ambient lighting active in daylight? It's only active and visible at night.

3 - In the Media player there's options for Internet Radio, Apple Music and Tidal apps. I connected to my phone as a hotspot (the e-sim data plan costs are outrageous and I should add, data is free in the BMW for things like Alexa and Spotify streaming). Anyways, I'm curious. if you have CarPlay active, are these apps and feature inactive (and vice versa)? Because on our car they don't work.

I know I'll have lots more questions but I'll start with these!

Thanks a mill in advance and looking forward to being part of this community!

Masko

May 30, 2021
Hi all,

New Formentor owner here... Well, wife is to be fair. Got her a new Formentor e-hybrid 245 as per her instructions! She's coming from a Seat Leon FR estate - the 182bhp DSG variant. She loved that car however, it was time to see it off. She wanted VZ2 spec, matt grey paint, panoramic roof and some fancy 'exclusive' alloy wheels which are, to be fair, very fetching. It's a stunning looking vehicle. She loves it and it's getting huge attention in our area.

We took delivery a couple of days ago and me - being tech support - am setting it up and if I'm honest surprised at the amoiunt of issues and quirks with the infotainment and other aspects of the car's presentation. FWIW it's build week 15 and running v.1803.

I should add that my frame of reference for a modern infotainment system is iDrive 7 on my BMW and while, there's a few idiosyncrasies with it, it's pretty much a flawless system. I'm in a 330e x-drive M-Sport Plus edition.

I do have a few questions that I'm hoping some of you might be able to advise on. I've gone thru most posts and have not found the answers.

1 - CarPlay. is there anything that can be done to resolve this infuriating stuttering issue. On all services (Apple Music, Spotify, Audible, Radio Paradise, Amazon Music etc) all songs stutter and 'jump' like an old vinyl record with a scratch. I'll be raising this with the dealer on Monday as CarPlay is unusable. Wireless of course - will try wired tomorrow but not the point I suppose! On iPhone 11 Pro and 12 Pro.

2 - probably not an issue per se, but is it possible to have ambient lighting active in daylight? It's only active and visible at night.

3 - In the Media player there's options for Internet Radio, Apple Music and Tidal apps. I connected to my phone as a hotspot (the e-sim data plan costs are outrageous and I should add, data is free in the BMW for things like Alexa and Spotify streaming). Anyways, I'm curious. if you have CarPlay active, are these apps and feature inactive (and vice versa)? Because on our car they don't work.

I know I'll have lots more questions but I'll start with these!

Thanks a mill in advance and looking forward to being part of this community!
Heloo, Apple CarPlay It works flawlessly in my Formentor, including all apps. Try a cable connection? In terms of lighting, it can also work during the day, but with the lights on.

Jul 3, 2021
Thanks for the response! I actually figured out the CarPlay issue. Or moreso followed the guidance i read over at a VW forum. Apparently if you leave the automatically search for wifi toggled on in the wifi settings, it plays havoc with carplay. Turned it off and its perfect now.

Interesting on the lights - i always leave at auto so that's that I suppose.

Reactions: Agnes.Surrey

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
2 - probably not an issue per se, but is it possible to have ambient lighting active in daylight? It's only active and visible at night. - You have to switch off auto settings for lights and switch them on manualy. Then you will have ambient lighting on.

Jun 28, 2021
Thanks for the response! I actually figured out the CarPlay issue. Or moreso followed the guidance i read over at a VW forum. Apparently if you leave the automatically search for wifi toggled on in the wifi settings, it plays havoc with carplay. Turned it off and its perfect now.

Interesting on the lights - i always leave at auto so that's that I suppose.
Hi Victor,

Where do I find this setting on the iPhone? I can see ask to join networks & auto-join hotspot options? The lag is 100% annoying with Carplay!

Deleted member 131219

Hi Victor,

Where do I find this setting on the iPhone? I can see ask to join networks & auto-join hotspot options? The lag is 100% annoying with Carplay!
I read that as being a setting on the car, not the phone. I could be wrong, though.

Jul 3, 2021
Hi Victor,

It's a setting in the car and not on the iphone. It's in Settings - WiFi if I remember correctly. I'll have a look a little later when I can for the exact location.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.