New Fr aero kit??

bakester69

Nov 30, 2008
Monmouth, S.Wales
I currently have a mk2 reference sport with an aero kit but am interested in ordering a new fr tdi. Only thing is i prefer the look of my current leon so i was wondering if there was an option for an aero kit on the new leons?
Cheers

Leonidas

I think some where in that thread someone wrote down the code for it...

LR

As far as I know there is no aerokit for the facelifted models. The "old" one can maybe be fitted but it would also require changing the headlamps and grille at the front. At the rear the old smallwindow-boot will have to be put back on. Maybe that's an idea, if you order a new one in the same color as your current one you can bolt your aerokit on the knew one and use all the facelift stuff to fill the holes on your older car:p

Alnitak

Jun 28, 2009
Oxford
As far as I know there is no aerokit for the facelifted models.

As far as I know, you're wrong.

There's been pictures of the new body kit here, and it's showing on the SEAT accessories page too.

As far as I can see from the SEAT site the rear bumper and skirts are the same parts as the 2006 Leon, but the front bumper is new.

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
Spot on Alinta
Its the front bumper change due to the lights etc been differant on th face lift, plus there is no boot lid spoiler yet for the face lift

Alnitak

Jun 28, 2009
Oxford
Spot on Alinta
Its the front bumper change due to the lights etc been differant on th face lift, plus there is no boot lid spoiler yet for the face lift

Of course the rear lights on the facelift model are a different shape too.

I can only assume that the part of the light cluster that's within the bumper has stayed the same so it's only the part that's within the boot lid that changed.

This can possibly be seen on the SEAT accessory page. If you pick "Leon 2009" as the model then the "rear only" picture shows a black pre-facelift, but the "whole kit" picture shows a red facelift model.

Last edited:

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
I believe the light change on the rear is the part on the tail gate thats why the rear aero bumper has not changed.
I was told the problem with the boot lid spoiler is down to the rear screen been full width and the 3rd brake light is slightly differant so the old on does not fit right and Seat dont have the new one to order yet.

Chuy

I have never really been a Fan of the aero kit.... If I get my FR maybe I'll consider the side skirts...

BTW, Every Leon Cupra MK2 sold in Mexico comes with the aero kit.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members