New FR - Problems on Delivery

Nov 27, 2020
Hi all,

Just had my new Fr 1.5L 130PS delivered this morning - couple of issues I'd like to run by you all as I'm not sure if they're actually problems.

Am I meant to be able to press the auto hold button next to the parking brake? In my Leon, the button seems to be permanently depressed and I can't push it?

Also, did your cars come with a user manual and a service history booklet? All I have in the glove box is the fabric cover you would normally find your manual in (but it's empty) and a certificate of conformity?

And finally, has anyone had an error popping up saying to do with the electronic parking brake? Had it pop up a few times when parked saying I need to go to a garage?

Thanks

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
The auto hold button shouldn't be permanently depressed (is a momentary button), but the buttons don't have a massive amount of movement.

The car should come with a manual, but there is no service booklet it is all stored online although my dealer said it's stored in the infotainment, but I have my doubts.

I've never had an error message appear about the parking brake, it definitely sounds like a trip to the garage is needed.

Nov 27, 2020
Well this is not a good start is it!

I'm able to press the central locking button so assuming the auto hold has a similar amount of movement then I guess it's broken.

And yes, the parking brake seems like it will be a trip to the garage indeed.

• Sad
Reactions: Syphon
Nov 27, 2020
So took it to the garage and apparently the issue is because someone has forcefully pressed the auto hold button and broken it. This is also the cause of the parking brake error. Not really great for a brand new car - you'd think they'd check all the buttons actually work.

• Angry
Reactions: Syphon

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
At Kia pdi was done at point of import don't know about Seat , could have been when valeted too, did the salesman not run over the controls at handover? Pretty poor though, not a good start to garage punter relationship, hope it’s sorted quickly, required parts borrowed from another new stock car is the way I would have sorted it. Free first service as a sorry Sir?

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Well this is not a good start is it!

I'm able to press the central locking button so assuming the auto hold has a similar amount of movement then I guess it's broken.

And yes, the parking brake seems like it will be a trip to the garage indeed.
Maybe a thicko at the port / delivery driver of the wagon it came on.

Not ideal that it’s broke already. Doesn’t bode too well for the furure. Im suprised SEAT hasn’t already pointed the finger at yourself.

Aftersales service from SEAT is somewhat lacking.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Where possible I always collect my brand new (well, they usually have under 20 miles on the clock) cars from the dealer. However, due to pandemic, not sure if I can when it's time in April/May.

Nov 27, 2020
This car is on lease so I haven't really got a dealer. It was delivered from a dealer about 180 miles away from me and the guy who delivered it left about 10 minutes after he dropped it off. I probably should've made him wait longer so I could do a proper inspection. Fortunately the dealer it came from are happy for me to go to a local dealer to get this fixed so should be alright.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
This car is on lease so I haven't really got a dealer. It was delivered from a dealer about 180 miles away from me and the guy who delivered it left about 10 minutes after he dropped it off. I probably should've made him wait longer so I could do a proper inspection. Fortunately the dealer it came from are happy for me to go to a local dealer to get this fixed so should be alright.

I know, my V40 is on lease, they said they can drive it down, or they can leave it at the Sunderland Volvo dealer and I can go pick up and they gave me £30 worth of fuel in the car. So I went pick it up. Took a trip from London 3hr train up, and 5-6 hr 300 plus miles drive down. It was worth it though, car had 14 miles on it. Fuel wasn't enough though as I took a detour via Hull, but it's ok...

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
It’s worth a wee trip to pick up the car for peace of mind, you can check it out and the ‘delivery drive’ is done as you want, in normal time I used to treat it as a weekend away although over the years I have delivered a good few cars around the country.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
With regards to the manuals, my SEAT UK press car is also missing the manuals, just a empty folder and certificate.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.