New Golf R32 & Audi S3 seats - Will they fit?

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Hi all,

I know that the old Golf R32 & Audi S3 seats fit the Leon Cupra R, but will the new bucket ones fit? Been looking around but can't seem to find any real answer. My brother has them in his S3 and they look mint.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
If your talking about mk5 R32 and 2007 S3 then i'm pretty sure they don't fit without a bit of mods, they would go if you could do some custom subframes - not the hardest job if your good with a bit of fabrication, but PITA!

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
If your talking about mk5 R32 and 2007 S3 then i'm pretty sure they don't fit without a bit of mods, they would go if you could do some custom subframes - not the hardest job if your good with a bit of fabrication, but PITA!

Cheers mate, yeah these are the seats I am referring to. Will look into how to adapt the subframes!

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
Yep, theyre not plug and play - qyou will have te get subframes ...

Check on the one LEON here... a black one with huge Porsche brakes... he had the Curretn A3 seats fitted in red.... Cant remember the nick ....

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
hi all, i have a set of mk2 fr seats to go in mine, but have to finish building my house (and garage before i can have a bash at fitting them) but had a look and they use a different type runner to the mk1. I have measured up and seems as if they will fit (quite tight in some places) and should only really be a matter of drilling holes in the subframes to enable me to bolt the new seats down. Will be trying the passenger seat as soon as i can, but if anyone knows of any more info on this one then would be appreciated. Cheers folks

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
hi all, i have a set of mk2 fr seats to go in mine, but have to finish building my house (and garage before i can have a bash at fitting them) but had a look and they use a different type runner to the mk1. I have measured up and seems as if they will fit (quite tight in some places) and should only really be a matter of drilling holes in the subframes to enable me to bolt the new seats down. Will be trying the passenger seat as soon as i can, but if anyone knows of any more info on this one then would be appreciated. Cheers folks

Hi mate, can you let me know how you get on when you get round to giving it a go. I got a reply from Recaro today:

"Thank you for your e-mail.
Unfortunately, the seats that you mention will not (as a rule) fit in to other vehicles. These are Original Equipment seats and are only designed to fit the car that they are produced for.

I know that people have managed to fit OE seats in to different cars, the only thing I can recommend is that you approach an engineering firm and see if they are able to help you. As any metal work (fitting kit ) would require some cutting. welding etc.

I hope this helps and you manage to get sorted out.

Kind regards.

Recaro UK."

Thanks guys thats great help, tut tut :doh:

Poverty

Old post I know, but I want a set. Where can I get some from and how much?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.