New H/U or refurb wheels?

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
:shrug:

Birthday coming soon so I'm gonna treat myself, I always do this but was very lucky last year as the day I picked up my LCR happened to fall on my Birthday.

Anyway, need some opinions as I just CAN'T decide what to do!!!

I'm after an Alpine IDA-X305 headunit - cheapest I've found is £226.77
Refurb & powdercoat wheels inc strip & re-fit - £280.60

I can only afford one or the other but can't make my mind up SO.....what would you do? :shrug:

Last edited:

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
simples.... head unit.

as said above wheels will always be there to get some kurb'in, the head unit would be more useful, especially if the head unit has bluetooth ;)

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
Thanks guys.
I'm being swayed to the HU too, much as I'd LOVE the wheels as it's something I've never done.

Hasn't got bluetooth unless you buy the bluetooth adapter - circa £120!!!!!!!
But that feature doesn't bother me too much so that's ok.

The main thing is the beautiful screen which can display album artwork, plus it's iPhone ready.

Here it is - click - plus the facia illumination can be changed to red!
:)

Thanks guys.
I'm being swayed to the HU too, much as I'd LOVE the wheels as it's something I've never done.

Hasn't got bluetooth unless you buy the bluetooth adapter - circa £120!!!!!!!
But that feature doesn't bother me too much so that's ok.

The main thing is the beautiful screen which can display album artwork, plus it's iPhone ready.

Here it is - click - plus the facia illumination can be changed to red!
:)

I have that h/u... its fantastic... GET IT!! That's a great price, I paid near on £300 for mine inc the fascia adapter and some ejection pins...

PHIL LCR

Aug 27, 2009
Herts
the day I picked up my LCR happened to fall on my Birthday.

I've got nothing constructive to say apart from I picked mine up my birthday too. The best present to myself ever!! :funk:

Edit: For what it's worth, I'm happy with my standard HU so I'd get my wheels powder-coated if I had the money.

Last edited:

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
LOL nice one fella's! Happy Leon birthdays all round then!

Phil LCR, how dare you suggest powder-coating the wheels when I've ALMOST made my mind up! :p

Friend of mine text me back & he's a complete Alpine nut, so you can guess which way he swayed :rolleyes:

Then the Mrs said "why don't you get the wheels done, I thought that's what you wanted?" :headhurt:

Oh well I'm sure I'll keep changing my mind anyway between now & my birthday in about 2 months! :cry:

Thanks again guys :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.