New Ibiza ordered!

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
I'm pleased for you and a little concerned about my own order.
Seems like I should have at least had a build week by now?
Have you asked your dealer for your order number? If you get that ring Seat customer service on 08085 222 222 and choose option 7, they will be able to tell you.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Cheers, will give that a go.
The dealership from experience so far are not too forthcoming
You may be able to get your order number from Seat customer service as they will ask your name, address and date of birth. I had the wrong order number the first time I spoke to them and they gave me the correct number.

Barrington2k

Jan 26, 2019
You may be able to get your order number from Seat customer service as they will ask your name, address and date of birth. I had the wrong order number the first time I spoke to them and they gave me the correct number.

Cool cheers

Barrington2k

Jan 26, 2019
Have you asked your dealer for your order number? If you get that ring Seat customer service on 08085 222 222 and choose option 7, they will be able to tell you.

Great advice this, thanks... It worked!
I've got build week 12 confirmed
Estimated delivery to dealership week 17

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Great advice this, thanks... It worked!
I've got build week 12 confirmed
Estimated delivery to dealership week 17
Glad I could help. So you’re car will be built next week. My car spent 2 weeks at the Barcelona port before being assigned a ship and is currently on a ship called Freedom Ace on it’s way too Sheerness port this Wednesday. You can ask Seat customer services to let you know the name of the ship your car will be on once it is assigned to it and track its progress on www.marinetraffic.com if you call them beginning of April they should hopefully know the name of the ship it will be on, if they don’t you can ask them to keep checking and call you when they know.

Barrington2k

Jan 26, 2019
Glad I could help. So you’re car will be built next week. My car spent 2 weeks at the Barcelona port before being assigned a ship and is currently on a ship called Freedom Ace on it’s way too Sheerness port this Wednesday. You can ask Seat customer services to let you know the name of the ship your car will be on once it is assigned to it and track its progress on www.marinetraffic.com if you call them beginning of April they should hopefully know the name of the ship it will be on, if they don’t you can ask them to keep checking and call you when they know.

Brilliant, thanks again :)

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I picked my car up on Saturday! As the weather's been awful I've not got any decent photos yet. Loving the Desire Red paint, I definitely made the right choice there! Had the most relaxed trip up the motorway ever yesterday, ACC is awesome.

gojoego

Mar 14, 2019
Hello, I've ordered a new FR Sport 95 TSI and looking forward to receiving it. No build week yet

The digital dash looks particularly great and hopefully will work and last well. It looks like it's the same one that goes into the Audi and VW's. Pretty nifty given they're all made at the same factory, right?

Does anyone know what speakers are in the car and how good they are? I will definitely look to upgrade them however unless there's a good reason not to. I wanted to order the car with a Beats system but they stopped the option before I got there... Still, factory leds and the rest as standard makes up for it. A lot of tech for the money I have to say.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
The value proposition of the Ibiza is really, really, strong. I'll make a quick video of the digital dash later- it's really cool! It's not quite up to the standard of the Audi system apparently, but it has the same functionality as the ones in the newer VWs.

Barrington2k

Jan 26, 2019
The value proposition of the Ibiza is really, really, strong. I'll make a quick video of the digital dash later- it's really cool! It's not quite up to the standard of the Audi system apparently, but it has the same functionality as the ones in the newer VWs.

Would be great to see an overview of the dash while waiting for my car to come

Seen a few on YouTube but they are not very good

gojoego

Mar 14, 2019

Yeah that's what I think. Great amount of tech in the car which is essentially a Polo but without the price tag.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Would be great to see an overview of the dash while waiting for my car to come

Seen a few on YouTube but they are not very good

TBH looking through the YouTube videos, there's not much I could add!

Yeah that's what I think. Great amount of tech in the car which is essentially a Polo but without the price tag.

Absolutely. There's £4k difference list between an Ibiza Xcellence Lux and a Polo SEL with the equivalent stuff added extra. Crazy.

Reactions: gojoego

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
Digital dash is the main reason I went with the Ibiza! The amount of different “views” you can have is great, you’ll find a setup you’ll be unable to live without for sure. I particularly like the widescreen navigation view (pictured below) makes it feel so more upmarket while also being more driver friendly - with it being directly in-line with the drivers view of the road ahead.
30FAD24E-593E-4DFC-81F8-8F0004EB8CA6.jpeg

Reactions: gojoego

gojoego

Mar 14, 2019
TBH looking through the YouTube videos, there's not much I could add!

Absolutely. There's £4k difference list between an Ibiza Xcellence Lux and a Polo SEL with the equivalent stuff added extra. Crazy.

Exactly. I was just checking the spec on a Polo and it literally is 4K more for the same. Admittedly the engines are slightly different but still - 4k for the same... Paying for a label really. I bought mine through Carwow for 16k all in on a FR Sport with sensors and a spare wheel, pretty happy with that deal. There's a 19 reg one equivalent on Autotrader for the same price with 5k miles on the clock, nuts.

Barrington2k

Jan 26, 2019
Today the dealership called me to say still no build date so I called up SEAT for better information
The response from SEAT wasthat my FR Sport 115 has gone into production today

They advised that if I call back Tuesday for an update it should either be on a ship or awaiting a ship

gojoego

Mar 14, 2019
Today the dealership called me to say still no build date so I called up SEAT for better information
The response from SEAT wasthat my FR Sport 115 has gone into production today

They advised that if I call back Tuesday for an update it should either be on a ship or awaiting a ship

That's all really confusing - weren't you given a build week from Seat directly some time ago?

I've ordered mine a week ago today, so don't expect it be here until late June, that's what the dealership have implied. That would be about 14 weeks from date of order. We will see.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members