New Ibiza, where is the OBD connector?

Morgsy

Nov 2, 2018

Morgsy
clear.gif

I'm new to Seat and have just bought a used 2017 Ibiza (new shape) and was wondering if anyone know where the OBD connector is. I've opened the fusebox cover under the light switch but nothing is obvious. There is in fact an obd shaped connector in there but it is not rigidly fixed and has a ribbon cable cable connected to it. Is this the obd connector? Is the ribbon cable supposed to be connected to it?

alpineSi

Oct 6, 2018
Nottingham
Plugged in an OBD2 reader last week and didn't have to remove the fusebox, it's just below it. Think it's purple in colour but not sure as was only playing around at night. I have an LHD model so yours may be different, but when I'm sitting in the driver's seat the OBD port is roughly above my upper left shin; I'd guess for an RHD car it would be at your right shin.

I was surprised to see pics of the OBD2 port hidden in the fusebox on older SEATs because in all other cars I've had, it's just been sitting under the steering wheel housing like this model. In Spain at least, maybe they've joined the crowd and made it easier to access the port because new MOT regs require the station to plug their computer into the car. If they had to remove fusebox covers etc I'd imagine they'd break a few of them.

Morgsy

Nov 2, 2018
Hi. Thanks for the info but already sorted now. The problem was that an RAC tracker had been fitted and the OBD had been tucked up out of the way. I've removed the tracker and fitted the OBD connector into its original location. All sorted and back to standard. I think the tracker was one of those boxes that they fit to keep insurance costs down for young drivers. Thanks again for the reply.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
That sounds like someone has been a bit silly, I would think that the RAC would charge the original owner to replace that in their next car, maybe it was just for someone with RAC "cover" and not RAC Insurance.
Also, if you bought that car from any car dealer, they should have checked it over and that should have included checking for any logged faults!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.