New-ish member!

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
Hi all, thought I’d introduce myself on here having been a lurker on this site for some time and finally an owner earlier this year in June.

Bit of background, I’ve wanted a Cupra hatch or ST for a few years now and in fact should have been an owner much sooner having ordered a manual ST a couple of years ago from Seat Birmingham. To cut a long story short I had a call from the dealer literally a few weeks before I was due delivery with some very bad news. The manual had been discontinued and my car wasn’t even built! Obviously communication had broken down somewhere along the line and I was left without a car.

The situation had left a bit of a bad taste but some 2 years later I decided to try my luck again and this time ordered a hatch 290 dsg, all be it not through Seat Birmingham! This was pushed back with Covid slightly but after 7 months from order to delivery I finally received a car!

I must say the effort was worth the wait and am really enjoying it. I have a modified vx220 turbo running similar power to the Cupra as a weekend/ summer toy so it’s nice to have something quick and fun as a daily to run along side it.

Last few years I’ve had a fair bit of variety in terms of daily drives , an m135i, Bmw 330e and a Volvo S90. It’s nice to get back into something like the Cupra having not had anything similar since the m135i, which I must say wasn’t as fun as I’m finding the Cupra is.

Here is a pic of the Cupra and the Vx....

Attachments

• 793D70A7-48DC-45E2-932A-399EC19272CD.jpeg
    793D70A7-48DC-45E2-932A-399EC19272CD.jpeg
    743.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 8525FEB0-3433-4B07-9EFE-4EB5F122044A.jpeg
    8525FEB0-3433-4B07-9EFE-4EB5F122044A.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 111

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
Welcome, the VX is a rare sight, especially at this time of the year.

Thank you. Your right they’re rarely seen on the road, mine will be tucked away for the winter at the end of the month which I guess many owners do the same.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Hi all, thought I’d introduce myself on here having been a lurker on this site for some time and finally an owner earlier this year in June.

Bit of background, I’ve wanted a Cupra hatch or ST for a few years now and in fact should have been an owner much sooner having ordered a manual ST a couple of years ago from Seat Birmingham. To cut a long story short I had a call from the dealer literally a few weeks before I was due delivery with some very bad news. The manual had been discontinued and my car wasn’t even built! Obviously communication had broken down somewhere along the line and I was left without a car.

The situation had left a bit of a bad taste but some 2 years later I decided to try my luck again and this time ordered a hatch 290 dsg, all be it not through Seat Birmingham! This was pushed back with Covid slightly but after 7 months from order to delivery I finally received a car!

I must say the effort was worth the wait and am really enjoying it. I have a modified vx220 turbo running similar power to the Cupra as a weekend/ summer toy so it’s nice to have something quick and fun as a daily to run along side it.

Last few years I’ve had a fair bit of variety in terms of daily drives , an m135i, Bmw 330e and a Volvo S90. It’s nice to get back into something like the Cupra having not had anything similar since the m135i, which I must say wasn’t as fun as I’m finding the Cupra is.

Here is a pic of the Cupra and the Vx....
Welcome mate, lovely looking toy and the VX isn't bad ;)

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
Thanks guys, was very frustrating missing out a few years ago but after the initial disappointment I was determined to have one. There’s not many cars I’ve had that I would just take out for the sake of a drive (except obviously the Vx). However I do find myself making excuses just to go the shops in this :) very fun car.

Reactions: jcbmally
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.