New K04-023 Query!

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Ask to have pictures taken of the actual unit you'll be getting.

Lots of pics, ID plate, comp blades, turbine & comp castings. We know someone that fitted one of the fake ones and it wasn't pretty. There were holes in the comp casting inlet, the screw holes in the turbine housing for holding the whole thing together were straight through(to atmosphere) and once tested the turbine blades melted! The actuator had a cork seal in it FFS.

tommy2008cupra

looking at some of there other products i would say AVOID, get a genuine turbo, i think its been said on here before buy cheap buy twice

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Steer clear. The warranty wont cover any labour costs/your time and effort to change it when it goes and I doubt will cover any other parts damaged. Would you even want another when it does go as I doubt they would give you your £s back. K04-001 is a pointless turbo imo anyway. K03s is the same and theres more genuine ones around and they tend to be cheaper with the same gains.

tommy2008cupra

agree with the above the fact that they stock those sh*t mani's for like £100 would be enough to put me off

tommy2008cupra

right well you will need a new tip,maf,air filter,injectors,modded downpipe, map etc possibly cheaper and better to go ko3 hybrid mate quicker spool and same power

evans1089

Jul 9, 2009
Chesterfield
right well you will need a new tip,maf,air filter,injectors,modded downpipe, map etc possibly cheaper and better to go ko3 hybrid mate quicker spool and same power

Would i still need the parts listed above with the hybrid though?
Can you run a k03s for a few months and then,if i decide to go hybrid use the same turbo?

Is it as simple as that?
Cheers Tommy!

evans1089

Jul 9, 2009
Chesterfield
Yes, but you will need to map it again and add more mods to accompany it. Plus I wouldn't waste a K03s turbo by hybriding it, hybrid a K03 turbo ;)

Sorry, i get ya now. Thanks. So plan would be, buy a spare k03 turbo, send it away to be hybrid. Which would cost what? £600 ish?
In the mean time, collect the parts listed above?

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
I used to old KO3 that was on my car and sent it to CR Turbo's. They charged me £600 inclusive of VAT and delivery, they pick it up and drop it off for you, getting it tomorrow :) Better to keep your old KO3s and sell it on, you can make some money back that way. Fitting a ko4 is abit more of a pain, different downpipe etc etc and these make the same power.

evans1089

Jul 9, 2009
Chesterfield
I used to old KO3 that was on my car and sent it to CR Turbo's. They charged me £600 inclusive of VAT and delivery, they pick it up and drop it off for you, getting it tomorrow :) Better to keep your old KO3s and sell it on, you can make some money back that way. Fitting a ko4 is abit more of a pain, different downpipe etc etc and these make the same power.

I have the k03 currently mate. Looking for a bit of extra power. So a k03s will do for the time being then i can always hybrid the k03 when i exchange it for the s.
That sound logical?

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
For k04-023 you also need k04 exhaust manifold and a modified oil return line along with what is mentioned above. Get a k03 hybrid- check the Badger5 section for it and a list of what Bill thinks is needed.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise