New LCR owner advice!

sick2death

Dec 3, 2009
SY11
Hi Guys.

I have been browsing the forums for a couple of months now, having recently bought my first LCR. So far quite pleased with the car, although the excess pollution light has just come on. Have noticed recently a dip in power in low revs for a split second. Booked into the dealer so see what they come up with.

Anyway, as it is the car is completley standard, but i needed a bit of advice regarding a remap. I was thinking of getting it remapped in January, as I could afford this, although I will want to make further mods as and when I can afford them (exhaust etc).

Should I wait to get it remapped once other mods are finished? I am a bit impatient to get a bit more poke out of it.

Any suggestions?

h7 cya

Jun 3, 2009
hey buddy glad ur enjoying the r so far. well to be honest if u want just a quick and easy power increase then a remap will be fine for the time being. Although if you are looking too upgrade other components too it might be better to wait and get a custom map that works best with your mods. you could get a map for now and then get it mapped again after but obviously there will be extra dollar involved. good luck matey.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Get a remap done, replace the dump valve for a metal rather than plastic unit and possibly an air intake and leave the mods at that.......you will enjoy the extra torque :yes:

Or go the whole hogg and get a bigger turbo and spend £3.5K plus on the engine.

Nothing in between i.e, replacement exhaust as you suggest

Phase 1 remap = 265bhp

Phase 2 remap about 5-10bhp more and you can't tell the difference on the road

Cost of a phase 2 remap and associated bits for phase 2 is about £1.5k (Map, DP, Exhaust, Intake, FPR, Uprated Intercooler perhaps etc) which for 5-10bhp ain't worth the return IMO.

Anyone that says they are doing custom mapping on phase remap 1 is telling porkies

Any additional money should be spent on suspension, arb's, dog bone engine mount, short shifter etc which are way better value for money

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
The new map will adjust to most performance upgrades that are added after it is mapped.
Get it done ;)

Gravesie-363

LCR 225
Aug 4, 2009
Darlington
Get a remap done, replace the dump valve for a metal rather than plastic unit and possibly an air intake and leave the mods at that.......you will enjoy the extra torque :yes:

Or go the whole hogg and get a bigger turbo and spend £3.5K plus on the engine.

Nothing in between i.e, replacement exhaust as you suggest

Phase 1 remap = 265bhp

Phase 2 remap about 5-10bhp more and you can't tell the difference on the road

Cost of a phase 2 remap and associated bits for phase 2 is about £1.5k (Map, DP, Exhaust, Intake, FPR, Uprated Intercooler perhaps etc) which for 5-10bhp ain't worth the return IMO.

Anyone that says they are doing custom mapping on phase remap 1 is telling porkies

Any additional money should be spent on suspension, arb's, dog bone engine mount, short shifter etc which are way better value for money

This man talks sense . . . He knows his ****!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members