New Leon Cupra Specification 2.0 TFSI 240 hp

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Why? The LCR isn't AWD. Anyway, they've said they're won't be one, so they're won't be.

It would lead to the model line up being very confusing (much like the mk2 TT line will be).

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
yeah - because the Focus RS didn't get it ripped out of it by the journo's because they felt it torque steered them off the road.

Has to be granny friendly.

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
must be a way to install some sort of diff without getting the problems you mentioned, maybe some kind of electronic version (not the TCS and ESP we have now)

tbh I can't see them doing it either but it could work well with the 260PS engine

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
EDL works, but only low speed - and even then.... rapid locking of the brakes isn't great fun.

Maybe they'll do a Cupra+ later on, 12 months to get the flagship out is pretty quick really.

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
how does the haldex system work? thats electronic isn't it?

could you apply the same principle but on FWD to adjust power between the two wheels?

obviously I'm not suggesting its a viable option as they'ld have to develop its and produce etc etc, just wondering if it would actually work

Last edited:

El Vic

Cup Racing R Legend
Mar 6, 2005
UK - Middlesex
I've got the feeling SEAT will upgrade to 260 bhp at some point. Vauhhall will have the Astra VXR souped up to 300 bhp, won't they? The rumoured price tag seems a bit steep nevertheless (I read £24k somewhere). So let's hope SEAT will have an answer to that. On the other hand, VW-Audi will want to preserve the hierarchy between Audi and SEAT, won't they? So maybe the only way to see 260 bhp on the Cupra is if Audi also increase the power on the Audi S3 after a while?:confused:

SEAT did modify the power of the first LCR by 15 bhp. So 20 bhp more in the new Cupracer is not gonna break the front axel, or is it?...:think: How many bhp does the WTCC version have anyway?

At first, I was hoping that they'd have the Cupra upgraded to 4wd in the future. But actually, I don't think I need 4wd, what for? I never floor it on a wet road, so what's the point? It might feel safer, but when it rains, I become a grand dad at the wheel, don't trust wet roads :scary:

dangel

Nuclear Banana Boy
Mazda 3 MPS - 260bhp, trick diff (with clever management in the ECU for lower gears) and est 17k odd.. Can be done for the money apparently. Autocar reckoned it worked rather well but said it was a bit understated/bad interior (echos of Leon Cupra - they weren't too impressed by it's looks either).

FAZ

Feb 6, 2002
Rossendale
Visit site
4WD is not that great, only when it snows. I have just sold an Audi A4 quattro and I wish I had kept my Leon Cupra, all I did was pay for the name. The car was lifeless poor spec and not worth the money I paid for it. I had a big thing when I bought it had to be 4WD but overall it spoilt the drive,to calm and sensible,just my opinion.

Unfortunately I have a long wait till January before I can get my hands on the new CUPRA....get to see it Saturday at the motorshow.:clap:

dangel

Nuclear Banana Boy
Should of said the 3 MPS isn't 4WD it's front wheel driver with a few tricks (diff and ECU management)

I would severely like a ATB diff for my leon but the aftermarket costs are very high. It would be great to get it on the car already and therefore have a better base for big power (or even just being able to use it in corners)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.