New Leon ST alor blue owner [some pictures now online]

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
Yeah, I agree with both of you. If you look at mine winter setup in the first post, they are grey coloured, plus they're BBS. But I just can't find them nice. I'm kind of sorry I didn't go for the OEM ones which are silver coloured of course. But however you look at it, no 16 inch wheel looks good on Leon, so it's bad either way...looking forward to spring I guess:D.

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
they just look dirty.
which is Ok in girls, but not wheels.
(Oops - is another blanket apology due?)

I have to agree, although I cant stand dirty wheels in any color.

I don't mind black wheels and have had a few sets in my time, they have been done to death now though and anthracite as well.

Here is a Cyclone I refurbed myself a few years back now with rattle cans and micromesh.
Some effort but as smooth as you could want :lol:

These on the other hand were an arse to keep clean...

Sorry, bit off topic there :happy:

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
this time of year everythings hard to clean....I washed mine Monday so it'd be clean for taking customers out to lunch Tuesday. You'd never know it today....maybe I ought to fit mudflaps!
or not be so fussy....

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I have to agree, although I cant stand dirty wheels in any color.

I don't mind black wheels and have had a few sets in my time, they have been done to death now though and anthracite as well.

Here is a Cyclone I refurbed myself a few years back now with rattle cans and micromesh.
Some effort but as smooth as you could want :lol:

These on the other hand were an arse to keep clean...

Sorry, bit off topic there :happy:

Those black wheels look good, when pictured next to those awful white ones.:lol:

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
maybe I ought to fit mudflaps!
or not be so fussy....

To be honest, I fitted SEAT mudguards and they don't keep the car clean any longer than normal. They are simply too short to be very effective.
The rally flaps ones probably do a better job but I will never know because they wont be touching my car :lol:

The white wheels are Compomotive MO6's and they are bootiful :lol:
That pic does not really show the shape very well.

They are now on a Peugeot 306 rallycross car, well assuming its not been crashed :rolleyes:

Swahealy

Aug 26, 2013
London
My 1.8 TSI FR has the normal alloys. Good thing about apart from looking sport enough is that the alloy spokes are. quite thick and a doddle to keep clean with the Marched pressure washer.
And I think you will all find that the metallic Montsant red is the best colour!!! Not garish like the non metallic red! Really sparkles in any sunlight!! Do I sound a bit biased? :)

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
I'm keeping away from pressure washing my new wheels...my old merc had to have refurbs as the enamel starting lifting/flaking and the pressure washer was lifting it away dramatically. Seems mercs have a reputation for this anyway, but I'd be reluctant to use high pressure on my wheels after that...

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
And I think you will all find that the Montsant red is the best colour!!! Not garish like the non metallic red! Do I sound a bit biased?

In your opinion fella. It has been scientifically proven :whistle: that Emotion Red is the best colour. My wife says so and she works in a chemist lol [B)]

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
In your opinion fella. It has been scientifically proven :whistle: that Emotion Red is the best colour. My wife says so and she works in a chemist lol [B)]

It was until Mar 2013, when I finally got fed up with the Red showing up stone chips too much, even after fixing with the gen SEAT colour stick. So I had already swapped my bike from red to black and found that metallic chipped a lot less and fixes were almost invisible, so my new Biza Cupra was Phantom black. After having it for 16 months, not a chip, so tested colour match on inside bottom of door great couldn't see it at all. Then the Cupra 280 appeared and after a test drive and a deal I could not refuse, the Biza had to go and Phantom black was chosen again, looks more classy than the E red, and I am well happy after having nothing but red cars from back as far as the 80's.

Swahealy

Aug 26, 2013
London
It was until Mar 2013, when I finally got fed up with the Red showing up stone chips too much, even after fixing with the gen SEAT colour stick. So I had already swapped my bike from red to black and found that metallic chipped a lot less and fixes were almost invisible, so my new Biza Cupra was Phantom black. After having it for 16 months, not a chip, so tested colour match on inside bottom of door great couldn't see it at all. Then the Cupra 280 appeared and after a test drive and a deal I could not refuse, the Biza had to go and Phantom black was chosen again, looks more classy than the E red, and I am well happy after having nothing but red cars from back as far as the 80's.

Now I have done exactly the opposite! My last three golfs were all pearlescent black. Loved it but felt it was time for a change when I was buying my new Leon 1.8 TSI FR. Hence the metallic red. Still think Emocion red is a bit Carlos fandango on the eye!!!

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
Two new little mods. Both ugly plastic keys(the spare one too) got the Golf Highline chrome covers, and the pedals all now all Cupra like, or Golf GTI like, they're the same. Will post some pictures, when the car is not so dirty:happy:.

The mods until now:

- Seat Sport Red coloured shift gear knob (130 EUR)
- Footrest and pedals caps (85 EUR)
- Chrome key caps (25 EUR)
- Seat cover caps for BBS SR alloys(25 EUR)
- Winter/Rubber floor mats (65 EUR)

I've spent more money on mods than I did on fuel by now:doh::D. And it's not even been two months since I got it - winner:1st:.

Last edited:

hstjern

Dec 19, 2006
Stockholm (currently)
Flippin gorgeous car, with the right config as well and the right choice of colour too.
Id say its a good thing they don't offer the kermit green metallic in the ST version. Would never be able to decide which one to go for.

Quick question.
Was the footrest and pedal chaps tricky to install, or are we talking a 30 minute job with a few screws and bolts?