New manufacturere of a 3 inch DP for the LCR

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
looks like an alright bit of kit. there is another alternative to APR/blueflame but i can't remember what they're called. they do come up on ebay every now and then and apparently they used to work at blueflame.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Milltek keep coming up when i speak to people, but every time i ask to see one or a price it all goes quiet.

Im just looking at options to get my car 100% and the 42 design system looked worth ago

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
looks like an alright bit of kit. there is another alternative to APR/blueflame but i can't remember what they're called. they do come up on ebay every now and then and apparently they used to work at blueflame.

it was www.pipewerx.com they have an ebay shop and the 3" downpipe and 100 cell cat had a buy it now at £300.

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
so will the 42 draft designs fit or not, quality looks spot on, need this sort of quality on uk shores tbh

Yumann

May 17, 2002
Glasgow
Isnt the turbo in the same place? As it looks spot on to me?

42nd draft is an ameraican company hence lhd fitment. On lhd fitment they will have more space for the dp bend as there is no steering shaft on that side. The rhd have a tighter bend on the dp.

dsrr

Oct 23, 2004

That would be pipeworx, it is Ian Birch ( ex Blue flame) and John Glover ( ex - AGTI) both Top guys in my opinion, they will probably be doing the DP / Cat for my K04 conversion on my Octy vRS via PSI Tuning.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
ian birch being mr dubsport originator, twin engined monstors which still rule the roost today.

top work by that man,
well reccomended.

pipewerx

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Looking at the pics I would guess that it does fit RHD, but it's obviously only a guess...

Not sure if the extra flange is a good idea of a bad one - perhaps makes it easier to fit and align, but it is a extra place for potential leak...

Plus, it's only aluminised steel, not 304 stainless, so it'll have a limited life. Cheap enough though (excluding import duties).

Are you still having problems with yours Scotty? PM if you want.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Not problems as such, its just not perfect in my eyes. The way the new ones welded you have a big welt down the side that screws up the air flow etc. Plus it doenst seem right still but that could all be in my head.

If i had the cash i wouldnt muck around, i would just get the APR version.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
So, is yours the new style one that's a bit like the stocker - two pressed halves welded together?

Got to have welds in any DP that's made up of more than one piece, obviously. Whether several mandrel bends welded together is "better" or "worse" than two pressed halves I don't know (I would guess that the two pressed halves) but whatever difference has got to be marginal on a K04.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
If the pressed sections were close it would be far better but it looks more like a sweet if that makes sense. From my areodynamic studies the pipe work looks to me, poor in a word

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
ian birch being mr dubsport originator, twin engined monstors which still rule the roost today.

top work by that man,
well reccomended.

pipewerx

he's at it again

pwpassat08w.jpg

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
I prfesume they just bend it around the prop shaft and seeing as we dont have one should be fine.

Still no reply to my email, butthey may be on "Vacation"!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.