New MK3.5 Leon FR 150 owner

tomp9000

Oct 19, 2022
Leeds
Hi Everyone,

Just got my Blue 2017 FR 150 yesterday. Really happy with it. My first German car bar a Bora that had moon miles and didn't last me that long. I normally buy old bangers!

Photo is still the one from auto trader! I'll get better ones soon.

Looking forward to stepping in to the future and hoping to keep it till it is an old banger!

So first things I want to do is buy boring preserving stuff like some rubber floors matts lol (its had a full service already).

Then I'll probably do the res delete and a dump valve for noise and remap when the novelty of the extra power I already have over my last car (2006 1.2 fiesta!) wears off!

Thanks for reading!

Reactions: Syphon and H Rafiq

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hi Everyone,

Just got my Blue 2017 FR 150 yesterday. Really happy with it. My first German car bar a Bora that had moon miles and didn't last me that long. I normally buy old bangers!

Photo is still the one from auto trader! I'll get better ones soon.

Looking forward to stepping in to the future and hoping to keep it till it is an old banger!

So first things I want to do is buy boring preserving stuff like some rubber floors matts lol (its had a full service already).

Then I'll probably do the res delete and a dump valve for noise and remap when the novelty of the extra power I already have over my last car (2006 1.2 fiesta!) wears off!

Thanks for reading!
Welcome to SCN, hope the FR makes it to an old banger, my longest SEAT keep was a Leon 280. Had it nearly 8 years (no problems at all) and when it went in May for the VZ2 300 it still was no way a banger.:)

Reactions: tomp9000

tomp9000

Oct 19, 2022
Leeds
Excellent, hopefully got many years happy motoring ahead of me then!

The level of luxury in this car compared to what am used to is something else. I've had a fair few cars (this is my 14th? I think) but they've always been old when I got them. Most notable a MK2 MR2, Gen 6 Celica SR, MK2 MX-5. Then more recently the fiesta and 2008 Civic. This car probably cost more than all my other 14 cars put together but am blown away by it! Just a joy to drive.

Jan 5, 2023
Hello all , ive been taking note of all the recomendations from the forum as an outsider for a while , I thought it might be time to join in incase I have any specific issues that may or may not have already been mentioned that I missed.

like i said ive only just joined the forum but i'd love to hear any advice mainly aimed at the sc 1.4 150 act variant of the car , as this is my second car , and have since this car started getting very interested in care and maintence, in hope this car (which i have very much fallen in love with) will last me.

Im just waiting for the , why not get the 1.8, i'm fairly young and im trying to keep responsible as far as insurance is aware :)
over all hope everyones leon is treating them as well as well as mine is and if anyone can point me in the direction of as 1.4 act of sport coupe variant common issues or recommendations I would massively appreciate it.

lets stick it to the boring golf!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.