New MK4 SEAT Leon pricing and finance offers announced

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
The order books for the New SEAT Leon have opened today (Tuesday 5th May) with the car starting at £19,855 for the base 5 door manual 1.0 110PS TSI SE Model, and rising to as much as £27,895 for the top specification estate DSG 1.5 150 PS eTSI MHEV (Mild Hybrid Electric Vehicle).

Full article (link fixed :) )

Last edited:

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Was willing to keep an open mind about the Mk4 in terms of looks until I saw one for real, but a quick trawl through the specs. means we won't be trying too hard to like it. No heated seats is a deal breaker for us straight away :thumbd:

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Was willing to keep an open mind about the Mk4 in terms of looks until I saw one for real, but a quick trawl through the specs. means we won't be trying too hard to like it. No heated seats is a deal breaker for us straight away :thumbd:

I expect that will come with the models still unpriced (later in the year)

Seat2016

Mar 24, 2016
I can see that the configurator is now live, although there is currently no option to configure the FR First Edition (appreciate that the only option for this model to chose will be the colour). Keen to know if the FR First Edition comes with Dynamic Chassis Control. Reason for raising this question is that Autoebid have had this model listed for a few weeks now & under specifications (on Autobid) they list ‘Dynamic and Comfort Pack’, ‘Suspension - Miscellaneous’, ‘Sports Suspension‘. The reference to ‘Dynamic and Comfort Pack’ would lead me to believe that the car does come with Dynamic Chassis Control, but there is no reference to ‘Dynamic and Comfort Pack’ on the minimal info showing on the Seat website for FR First Edition...was hoping that an option to configure this model might shed some light on whether it does come with DCC. Does anyone know? If it has DCC, I would be interested/could live with 18 inch wheels, but if not, would be more interested in the XCellence/Xcellence Lux models when they launch. If the FR First Edition does have DCC, other than heated seats, it probably has just about every bell & whistle you could possibly want/ask for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Syphon

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
I can see that the configurator is now live, although there is currently no option to configure the FR First Edition (appreciate that the only option for this model to chose will be the colour). Keen to know if the FR First Edition comes with Dynamic Chassis Control. Reason for raising this question is that Autoebid have had this model listed for a few weeks now & under specifications (on Autobid) they list ‘Dynamic and Comfort Pack’, ‘Suspension - Miscellaneous’, ‘Sports Suspension‘. The reference to ‘Dynamic and Comfort Pack’ would lead me to believe that the car does come with Dynamic Chassis Control, but there is no reference to ‘Dynamic and Comfort Pack’ on the minimal info showing on the Seat website for FR First Edition...was hoping that an option to configure this model might shed some light on whether it does come with DCC. Does anyone know? If it has DCC, I would be interested/could live with 18 inch wheels, but if not, would be more interested in the XCellence/Xcellence Lux models when they launch. If the FR First Edition does have DCC, other than heated seats, it probably has just about every bell & whistle you could possibly want/ask for.

According to the brochure yes it has

Reactions: Seat2016

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
Has anyone else noticed with the great new hybrid technology (mhev) you get worse emissions and worse economy??!?!?!

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
Just looked again. The mhev comes with a DSG box not a manual. Still a little surprised that the economy is worse.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Presumably the mhev has more weight to lug about?

Edit. apparently 45kgs more on the kerbweight

Last edited:

Seat2016

Mar 24, 2016

Thanks for the quick reply. Yep, found the option to download the the price list, which does provide further detail on what the FR First Edition has. In addition to the regular FR, the main additions are:

Dynamic and Comfort Pack: Front and rear shock absorption, Dynamic steering, Front disc brakes, Adaptive chassis control (continuous)

Rear View Camera

Safety and Driving Pack: Dynamic road sign display, Side and Exit Assist, High beam control, Predictive and adaptive cruise control with follow to stop and speed limiter

...so I tend to think that the only feature 'missing', but which the Xcellence Lux is likely to have is heated seats. I do like my heated seats though!

jay-bob 25

Jun 18, 2004
im interested in the fr first edition so ive emailed my dealer to find out if you can deffo order this model as the fr on the configurator you cant even order it with 18 inch wheels as per previous years or pan roof ive not had a reply back . ive been waiting to negotiate a deal for mk4 but if the model i want is not available perhaps after having 10 or so seats may be time for a change ?

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
im interested in the fr first edition so ive emailed my dealer to find out if you can deffo order this model as the fr on the configurator you cant even order it with 18 inch wheels as per previous years or pan roof ive not had a reply back . ive been waiting to negotiate a deal for mk4 but if the model i want is not available perhaps after having 10 or so seats may be time for a change ?

10 or so is a good run - don't go to the other side now! ;)

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I know VW talked about having the ACC able to be 'activated' in the Golf 8 though a 'store' thing in the Infotainment system, and I've heard about it for the A3 too. Any idea if this will apply to the Leon too? Having had it for the last year in my Ibiza.... I could never go back! If you could still add options to Seats I'd likely have added it to an FR, but instead went for an Xcellence Lux. Next car is a while off, but I do like the look of the new Leon and if I can get a regular FR (preferably the plug-in hybrid) and just activate ACC then I'd be a happy man!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.