New MK4 SEAT Leon pricing and finance offers announced

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
I know VW talked about having the ACC able to be 'activated' in the Golf 8 though a 'store' thing in the Infotainment system, and I've heard about it for the A3 too. Any idea if this will apply to the Leon too? Having had it for the last year in my Ibiza.... I could never go back! If you could still add options to Seats I'd likely have added it to an FR, but instead went for an Xcellence Lux. Next car is a while off, but I do like the look of the new Leon and if I can get a regular FR (preferably the plug-in hybrid) and just activate ACC then I'd be a happy man!

I expect it will be reserved for the CUPRA Leon Lux models only by the looks of it. Whether it's fitted to the FR, just not turned on I'm not sure. Seems like there would be an expense to fit equipment to the cars not to be used by 99% of the drivers.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
They've basically been doing exactly that since the Mk3 Facelift- the ACC uses the radar from the Front Assist system, and a slightly different ABS module. VW have said that the Mk.8 Golf will all have the hardware, just not activated. I'm presuming they've found that the slightly different ABS module is cheap enough to fit to everything now, given that they all have Front Assist, and production is simplified (read, cheapened) by having only the one ABS unit.

This is from the Audi Germany website regarding ACC on the new A3, translated by Google:

"Technically, the vehicle is already equipped today to use the future technology functions on demand. An online shop is currently being completed. As soon as this is available, this equipment can also be booked with the desired term (e.g. monthly, annually) after the vehicle purchase."

Reactions: Syphon

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
I asked for a quotation from Lookers SEAT (Stockport) for the new Leon as well as the current Mk3 for comparison. This is what I got back:

747DE9D9-0764-449A-9DDE-2387AF9C0958.jpeg

Anyone else come across some PCH deals yet?

Last edited:
Reactions: williamxb

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I asked for a quotation from Lookers SEAT (Stockport) for the new Leon as well as the current Mk3 for comparison. This is what I got back:

View attachment 14992

Anyone else come across some PCH deals yet?
Would certainly consider the black edition fr over the new mk4 at those prices. Ain’t nobody wanting an SE Dynamic poverty spec

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018
My current deal ends in November. So think i will need to deciding what to get next soon.

I have a feeling that the prices on the new model is going to be outrageous.

For info I am currently paying 295 pm for a Leon Cupra ST with full maintenance and 8k a year.

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
no more 184hp TDI ooooppps long live my Mk3 then it will be here until it dies.
hopefully not anytime soon
6yr old past May & 30,000 miles Zero Issues whatsoever
55mpg & £20 roadtax love it
Still got the Factory Rear tyres on it

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
Seems far too expensive compared to the MK3 and I'm not a fan of 5 door or Auto/DSG. I had a BMW M140i Auto for a while to replace my leased Cupra 300 SC manual, had both cars at the same time and quickly realised the M140i wasn't for me. Didn't like the auto and the car felt so heavy, didn't handle anywhere near as good as the Cupra and the suspension was all over the place, it only has 14k miles on so was like new. I made the decision to buy my Cupra off VW finance just as lockdown started end of March. It's a keeper for me, 18 reg Cupra 300 SC (3 door) manual with digital cockpit and no GPF, in my opinion the best of the last Cupra models and no copper in sight !!!

Jubjubbird

May 8, 2002
Bedford
Hi, I've not been here for years!

Just ordered the wife a FR 1.5 150HP on PCH, just over £300 on a 1+35 12k fully maintained with tyres.

Due end of next month

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
Hi, I've not been here for years!

Just ordered the wife a FR 1.5 150HP on PCH, just over £300 on a 1+35 12k fully maintained with tyres.

Due end of next month
My 2020 Cupra Lux is £270 a month on 10k including two free services and tyre insurance. 3 Months upfront. The new model seems very expensive.

Jubjubbird

May 8, 2002
Bedford
My 2020 Cupra Lux is £270 a month on 10k including two free services and tyre insurance. 3 Months upfront. The new model seems very expensive.
I just had a 2020 FR Black Edition 2.0 TDI Estate delivered a month ago for myself and that is much cheaper too. Couldn't stretch to running costs of a Cupra!

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
And end of line model will always have better deals than a brand new one. That's the time to buy if you're not fussed about the next gen.

Scott
Yes end of line will have offers but Mk3 Cupra has always been well priced on lease. I had a 280 on a 65 reg 12k miles/year for £265 a month for 2 years, 6 months deposit, it wasn't an out going model then and ok there is a bit of inflation to add in the last 5 years but still seems pricey for a Mk4 FR. Will be interesting to see what deals are available on the Mk4 Cupra and how sales/leases go.

scuj1

Mar 3, 2015
Edinburgh, Scotland
Ordered an 1.5 150 FR Sport in black yesterday on PCH with road tax using what little equity (~£500) I had from my current PCP deal Mk3 face-lift FR with the dealer covering the initial rental of £850. Works out £1.87 a month more than my current PCP, so I'm not complaining! :)

Now the wait... ?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members