Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
After owning a MK4 for a few years, and since i havnt had any problems
(not even the rear wiper jet) i decided to stick with SEAT for my new car

Just bought it hopfully pick it up tomorrow
MK5 Ibiza FR DSG in Luna Grey
only one they had in (and it had only JUST been deliverd to them) and lucky for me it was the colour i wanted since i hear SEAT keep putting the build dates back.
had a test drive of it and its steering feels nice and weighty, grips well. ride is a bit firm but not worth complaning about
and that DSG box what can i say? its amazing!

Managed to snap a couple of pics, sorry the quality isnt that good my camera on my phone is useless!

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

will take some good ones once i have the car!

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I've driven the FR but ordered the Bocanegra. The FR was a great car. I like the black bar on the rear bumper.

Enjoy!

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
How strange was it! My left leg just didn't know what to do with itself. Also if you dont put it in park or neutral at the traffic lights it tries to pull forward.

Once i'm used to it it'll be great as I do a lot of milage and some in bad traffic. Will make life a lot easier in D mode. Then when the weekend comes, strait into manual flappy paddle mode!

Bclark

How strange was it! My left leg just didn't know what to do with itself. Also if you dont put it in park or neutral at the traffic lights it tries to pull forward.

Once i'm used to it it'll be great as I do a lot of milage and some in bad traffic. Will make life a lot easier in D mode. Then when the weekend comes, strait into manual flappy paddle mode!

You just keep your foot on the brake whilst at lights.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I had to keep my left leg pressed down hard on the rest but I was still waving my hand round to go and change gear. Must have looked pretty funny. It'll probably take a week or so to get used to it.

You just keep your foot on the brake whilst at lights.

Thats what i did but I'd still rather put it in Neutral and apply the hand break. Just the way i've always been taught. Also if you've been tanking it then come to the lights and do that you wan warp your breaks.

collegeboy09

Moving along with 215bhp
Sep 18, 2009
Northants
The FR is a lovely car to drive, im moving from an audi A3 as its way to boring for my liking, when i had my test drive the dealer just said drive it now as you would when you own it, definately a good morning that was :p I wish they'd of had the one i wanted at the showroom though, iv got to wait till end of december/beginning of january

I really do hate waiting, i hop you enjoy your car, certainly look forward to some more pics

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Interesting my local dealer has a blue ibiza FR up at £15590, like the car very much he told he is not allowed to sell the car as it is for orders only, shame might have tryed to do a deal. Think your Fr looks very nice, and good luck

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
had the car for about a week now i love it!
the DSG gearbox is amazing its so smooth!
was going to get some nice pics but sadly the weather hasnt been all that good

oh and as an added bonus my old fr is on autotrader lol

fletch2k00

TED JOHNSON BARNSLEY WHOOP!!!! :D

That's where i am getting mine from. :clap:

im moving from an audi A3 as its way to boring for my liking,

I wouldnt say the A3 is boring, but the Ibiza was more exciting to drive and certainly put a smile on my face though i think it was more the exhaust note that did it for me. I would have been tempted to hammer out a deal and trade in my S line but when i got back to the dealership and went from sport to park on the gear selector the whole center console moved, combine this with how annoyingly close the indicator & wiper stalk is to the steering wheel causing chaos with dry wiping i realised im better of with the Audi, though very tempted and keep looking at the deals available. If only Seat could sort the build quality & the stupidly ultra pushy sales man at Grants Braintree id have a Cupra tomorrow with most of the options list please.

Ibiza 09

nice car mate, colour works well with the wheels.

Enjoy the ride

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
snapped a few pics
sadly again with my phone so they arnt brilliant

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

il get some good ones, when the weather clears up, and i can be botherd to charge my camera!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise