new remap

leon sport

Jul 17, 2009
newark,notts
hi,
iv searched threads to try an find an answer but cant really find 1 so here is the problem.just had a remap for my leon sport mrk1 upped to 220 bhp,but as i put the power down its there,but it keeps cutting out an comin in again does any know what i shud do?
thanks.

leon sport

Jul 17, 2009
newark,notts
no m8 not the traction controll,loses its revs and turbo say your accelerating its fine,then it will just lose power an drop 100 revs kick in agen,then lose it this is happening all the way through the revs even at say 4000

leon sport

Jul 17, 2009
newark,notts
does anyone know where i can get n75 valve iv been to vw dealer but there nearly £70 iv been told i could get 1 for about 40 any ideas?
cheers

danny20vt

going back to basics
don't quote me on the N75! i usually fix cars with a hammer :blink: but i'm a bit more gentle with my Leon but from what you describe it sounds very much like the N75.
Best thing to do is search for N75 related threads (if you haven't already) or get a pro to diagnose it:D

leon sport

Jul 17, 2009
newark,notts
yeah,cheers mate someone else said it could be this,i was getting sum ideas of what it could be and second opinions,and the bloke at my garage said most probably is,but got it booked for diagnostic anyway.
thanks for the help though

leon sport

Jul 17, 2009
newark,notts
had my car diagnosed 2day 3 faults...

1.temp sensor
2.air mass meter
3.pressure loss

had the temp sensor replaced to start off with to c if this was causin the prob,gutted,still loss of power as you accelerated i can actually hear turbo slowing down,its not as bad but still not right.will have to try others next.:(

Last edited:

flame_88

have heard of problems with air flow sensors b4 but i dont know how common they are. and i wouldn't imagine their cheap.

leon sport

Jul 17, 2009
newark,notts
regarding my problem,if my n75 is causing the problem,would the diagnosis see this because is the n75 valve actually faulty or is it because it cant cope with the power increase,its just that chip tuners say it wont and there telling me to get 1 but i dont want to fork out if its not going to work,im just thinking of getting ma money back.any ideas peeps.

Last edited:

Keith@APR

May 9, 2006
www.goapr.com
Do you have the specific fault code numbers? Either p1030 or some such or VAG 11548 or some such?

I would like to see exactly what the errors are and then I may be able to help.

The coolant temp sensor is an easy one and definitely needs to be taken care of first. You can get a green top like this one http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-337_20AE--1.8T/Engine/Cooling/Temperature_Sensor/ES1484/ for pretty cheap.

Pressure loss is more than likely your DV which is another easy fix.

The most expensive fix is the MAF and that is the one fault that may be caused by a poorly made remap. You haven't told us yet that I saw who's remap it is so I am going to assume its quality. However, I would like to know the exact fault code so I can have a better opinion and steer you in the right direction.

leon sport

Jul 17, 2009
newark,notts
hi mate,
i havnt got the codes but ill try and get them from the garage who diagnosed it,the company name is 'chip tuners'.co.uk who did the remap and they seem to insist that i get a n75 valve.iv had the temp sensor replaced but no joy but i needed it anyway so no loss there.
thanks for tryin to help me out its appreciated and ill try an get them codes
cheers.

Keith@APR

May 9, 2006
www.goapr.com
hi mate,
i havnt got the codes but ill try and get them from the garage who diagnosed it,the company name is 'chip tuners'.co.uk who did the remap and they seem to insist that i get a n75 valve.iv had the temp sensor replaced but no joy but i needed it anyway so no loss there.
thanks for tryin to help me out its appreciated and ill try an get them codes
cheers.

I'm not familiar with their calibrations so I don't have any insight regarding their remap for you.

However, I do know that the surging you relay is typically associated with a bad n75 but the other fault codes you have relayed make me believe its a compound issue which may or may not include the n75.

The maf is definitely a concern and can exacerbate the symptoms you describe.

Either way, your car is not operating as it should due to the reported fault codes and I would suggest repairing those issues firstly and then readdressing the surge if it still exists.

Bigbhp18t

Do you have the specific fault code numbers? Either p1030 or some such or VAG 11548 or some such?

I would like to see exactly what the errors are and then I may be able to help.

The coolant temp sensor is an easy one and definitely needs to be taken care of first. You can get a green top like this one http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-337_20AE--1.8T/Engine/Cooling/Temperature_Sensor/ES1484/ for pretty cheap.

Pressure loss is more than likely your DV which is another easy fix.

The most expensive fix is the MAF and that is the one fault that may be caused by a poorly made remap. You haven't told us yet that I saw who's remap it is so I am going to assume its quality. However, I would like to know the exact fault code so I can have a better opinion and steer you in the right direction.

The most expensive fix is the MAF and that is the one fault that may be caused by a poorly made remap??

I cannot see how a poor remap would kill a MAF? The MAF digital to analogue drive chip will only ever give out 5volts so there in no way to burn it out?

Can you explain more on this one? I have read that lots of remap inc APR remaps can have MAF issues straight after a remap session?

I was lead to belive a MAF fault after a remap session was down to the MAF having a underlaying problem? When running stock power the maf would only scale to lets say 2.5volts max and when maxed on a stock turbo out the maf would only give 4.3 volts back. So if the MAF has a fault scaling in stock form it wont show up until you add more power and exceed the scale where the maf has been used to?

Do you mean some tuners try to recale the linear scale of the maf map, to give a lower reading to off set the the cylinder filling VE characteristics. The way I look at it if the can attempt to recale a MAF the must have the skills and knowledge to work with the correct map areas to create a better VE ?

It is a commom problem here in the UK with remaps and mafs faults straight after a remap session.

Ben

Bigbhp18t

hi,
iv searched threads to try an find an answer but cant really find 1 so here is the problem.just had a remap for my leon sport mrk1 upped to 220 bhp,but as i put the power down its there,but it keeps cutting out an comin in again does any know what i shud do?
thanks.

Hello,

Drop me a PM I am not too far from you and could help you diagnose the surge issues your having.

Ben

Keith@APR

May 9, 2006
www.goapr.com
The most expensive fix is the MAF and that is the one fault that may be caused by a poorly made remap??

I cannot see how a poor remap would kill a MAF? The MAF digital to analogue drive chip will only ever give out 5volts so there in no way to burn it out?

Can you explain more on this one? I have read that lots of remap inc APR remaps can have MAF issues straight after a remap session?

I was lead to belive a MAF fault after a remap session was down to the MAF having a underlaying problem? When running stock power the maf would only scale to lets say 2.5volts max and when maxed on a stock turbo out the maf would only give 4.3 volts back. So if the MAF has a fault scaling in stock form it wont show up until you add more power and exceed the scale where the maf has been used to?

Do you mean some tuners try to recale the linear scale of the maf map, to give a lower reading to off set the the cylinder filling VE characteristics. The way I look at it if the can attempt to recale a MAF the must have the skills and knowledge to work with the correct map areas to create a better VE ?

It is a commom problem here in the UK with remaps and mafs faults straight after a remap session.

Ben

His description of the symptoms and then the missing follow up info as far as exactly what fault is associated with the MAF makes all of this speculation but......

as you mention, common tuning mistakes regarding rescaling of the maf tables can create a fault code for the MAF. That's why I mentioned that the only dtc he reports that could be caused by the remap is the MAF. The ecu won't report a leak in the boost pressure system due to a mistake in the remap.

The most common remapping mistake is MAF Input Signal Too High. That means even though you may have rescaled the maf tables, you may have made a data entry mistake at certain load/rpm points or some such.

There are 700-2500 interconnected tables, maps and calculations in the ecu depending on which version of Motronic we are discussing. just because you have the skills to calibrate some of these surfaces doesn't mean you have the ability to even collect data from all of the maps that are dependent upon the one that you are rescaling.

I don't mean to imply that some other part of the remap actually kills the sensor element itself.

leon sport

Jul 17, 2009
newark,notts
just like to thank R TECH for all the help with my leon,a really helpfull and freindly team,they spent ages on my motor to try an sort it with no money wanted for their time.on the way down suddenly started splutterin couldnt go above 50,got there an they new strait away it was my coil.
just a few underlying problems to sort before we can get to the bottom of it,breather hose,maf an i also need a cambelt,tensioner,water pump and alternator belt :(.so its not gonna be cheap.just yesterday wound my window down and heard a small bang and grinding glass sound,so now my window stuck and cant get it bak up(gutted something else to fork out for):cry:

again just like to thank the lads for their help just wish i went there in the first place.if you want a remap or sumsort of tuning or whatever i recommend to see these boys they no their stuff!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise