New rims

Oct 21, 2020
Hi guys! Just bought and fitted a new pair of AEZ Steam 17 inch rims. Since registering new size of rims in my country sucks, I decided to keep the original 17 inch look and atleast I didn't have to spend money on new wheels. What are your thoughts?
fd37c0feedbfd24c99eff34b74c42aca.jpg

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

agentman

Mar 13, 2020
I believe they suit the car quite well. You even have to register bigger rims in Slovakia?

agentman

Mar 13, 2020
You're supposed to tell your insurance company here too.
The insurance company I understand but having to actually register bigger rims with the department of transportation? In my country, no one aside from the MOT guys cares about your rim size. I'm allowed to run max 18" in order to pass MOT and that's depending on the car.

Oct 21, 2020
Well, since the covid started here the coppers are trying to get you for anything, so if there was a mismatch in the papers and rims they would fine me. Also they started to fine people for using wheel spacers, and since I am a broken study with no work now (thanks covid) I just don't want to get pulled over and be fined. Already the police in my city follows me because my car is flashier than 99% of the others haha

Oct 21, 2020
The insurance company I understand but having to actually register bigger rims with the department of transportation? In my country, no one aside from the MOT guys cares about your rim size. I'm allowed to run max 18" in order to pass MOT and that's depending on the car.
Just FYI, I can only run these on my car rn. I have to match the tire and rims exactly. If I would want 19 inch rims I need to get a permission from the ministry of transport, but if you have those TUV certifications they say it's fast, I just didn't want to wait all summer with wheels in my garage.
4060c2c232da9eef0a3b3dab5206ab45.jpg

Reactions: Walone
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.