New SEAT Leon CUPRA R to debut at Frankfurt Motorshow

mary jane

wish we could get that beauty over on my side of the pond.

Leonidas

wish we could get that beauty over on my side of the pond.

If its Ireland ur talkin about, then VW Ireland are taking over importation of SEAT's in November. Until then we'll see nothin like whats in Britain :(

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
A couple of pics from Frankfurt

main.php

main.php

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
As you can tell they are really proud of it, when the Mk1 LCR was launched it had cupra r plates on the works this just has leon, is it me or have seat lost thier way when it comes to range toppers now?

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
as robdon said, just looks the sames as any other leon cupra, they should have saved the k1 body kit for the R at least then it would have looked something different and something unique, like the Mk1 Cupra R, it looked wild and different to the others MK1's

JKCupra

To boring for me, had the chance to make a real statement with wider arches, side skirts and front and rear diffuser's and larger spoiler but no its just a plain old looking Leon to me.

Leonidas

Its all Mk1 owners Thats disappointed. I know its a lame effort but im just lookin forward to the Mk3 Leon. Its only 2 years away. Ill be keepin my 1.6 till that comes out (unless they make a balls outta that as well)

ukreddevil

Jul 20, 2009
Hove
yawn, but this is the VAG group all over, really VW have made some headway with the sirocco but basically even that is just a golf thats been squashed, the r32 is yawn worthy, audi well they have the r8 but even that is bit lazy, they have seemed to still let lambo have a bit of flair at lambo.....but isnt seat meant to be the sporty brand, i'd rather just get a k1 kitted cupra or tdi fr think that looks much meaner on the road and makes it stand out, why do they always try to hide the fact it is the r version and then realise at the last second and stick a crappy badge on it and add a bit of black, basically doesnt that mean that they save a bit of money on the paint as black is a bit cheaper and can be massed produced lol poor form...... :(

EmDee

Omnishambolic
not sure what you're on about with the black bits (is it the mirrors?), but I'm pretty sure I'd still have the new R over a TDi FR or a K1 kitted cupra!

I'm just REALLY disappointed it isn't more aggressive (looks and performance wise).

We should send a printout of every thread about it off to SEAT head office, they need to see what they are doing to themselves. I'd rather have a Meganne ffs!

Its all Mk1 owners Thats disappointed.

:blink: dude, I think it's all of us?

Last edited:

JKCupra

Its all Mk1 owners Thats disappointed. I know its a lame effort but im just lookin forward to the Mk3 Leon. Its only 2 years away. Ill be keepin my 1.6 till that comes out (unless they make a balls outta that as well)

No its not, i am sure everyone looked and was hoping for a mean stance looking fat boy racer looking car, yes i know more and more manufactures are trying to make there hot hatches look like standard cars to stop them being nicked ect but lets stand up out of the crowd and say hay look here i am, instead it hides behind lower spec versions and just tries to look round the corner.

COME ON SEAT BRING OUT A CAR WORTHY OR THE R BADGE. [:@]

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
It said and done now nothing is going to change unfortunately.

Just have to wait for the mk3 and hope they listen.

JKCupra

It said and done now nothing is going to change unfortunately.

Just have to wait for the mk3 and hope they listen.

Or hope one of the tuners gets there act together fast and brings out a bad arse kit for it that we can bolt on. :whistle:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members