New Seat owner, more buttons than my subaru! :S

Rollamite

Dec 20, 2013
hi guys, i bought a 54 plate 1.8T FR Ibiza yesterday, must say for something based on a polo its certainly nippy! Just trying to work out what all the bloody buttons do! and how to get my passenger side door to unlock with the fob -.-:rolleyes:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Welcome to the forums bud.

A double press of the unlock button on the remote will unlock all doors and the boot, single press opens only the drivers door.

Get it stage 1 remapped mate, that'll make it even quicker, my old mk4 was running around 220bhp with a stage 1 map and a few other tweaks.

Rollamite

Dec 20, 2013
Look at that a friendly local already! nice one thanks, dont suppose you could tell me how my bloody door mirrors work, turning the knob does naff all, its going for a service as i do with all my new cars then remap, forge dump valve, the inter coolers been lowered already which i suppose makes a slight difference to intake then whatever i can muster from people on here to squeeze a few more horsies!

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Look at that a friendly local already! nice one thanks, dont suppose you could tell me how my bloody door mirrors work, turning the knob does naff all, its going for a service as i do with all my new cars then remap, forge dump valve, the inter coolers been lowered already which i suppose makes a slight difference to intake then whatever i can muster from people on here to squeeze a few more horsies!

From memory you turn the knob to whichever mirror you want to control then move it whichever direction you want the mirror to go in, if that doesn't work then it must be broken.

Stage 1 map should see you go from 150bhp to around 200bhp so it's a good bang for buck mod.

I also had the forge 007p DV on mine and the Forge Seat Sport style intercooler, both good bits of kit, the intercooler is a must if you are going for stage 1 map, the standard side mount intercooler is woefully inadequate and suffers badly with the temps.

Another very good mod is the Whiteline anti roll bar

Rollamite

Dec 20, 2013
we'll assume its broke, if i get a forge inter cooler im moving the reg plate so chavs in there saxos can see the lovely forge sign through the mesh, oh and finally, fog switch? found the symbols.. but no buttons?

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
we'll assume its broke, if i get a forge inter cooler im moving the reg plate so chavs in there saxos can see the lovely forge sign through the mesh, oh and finally, fog switch? found the symbols.. but no buttons?

I assume you know where the light switch is? Well you pull this towards you one click for the front fogs and another click for the back.

Where the intercooler is concerned you shouldn't need to relocate, you can see it through the grill anyway, it's pretty big, and if you go for red piping like I did it's easy to spot ;)

Rollamite

Dec 20, 2013
that looks brutal! do we have a Forge guy on the site, i saw some fella Kris@forge? be useful for when im buying parts

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Kris drops in and responds to stuff on here yes, so do some of the others guys.

Nip over to the Forge sub forum to ask any questions about their kit.
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Plenty of other site sponsors on here too, click the "Home" button in the top left of the site and scroll down to the "Trading Area" for the full list.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.