New Southgate SEAT

monkee

Yes im naked in my avatar
Hey guys,

Can anyone share their experiences with this dealership, in regards to their servicing practices? I've heard a lot of bad things about them, but i wanted to get a more informed opinion on here, before deciding whether its worth visiting them, or going elsewhere?

mxcupra

I've used them to buy three cars so far and they have all been serviced by them.

Service wise, they just do "what it says on the tin" and there are no frills, except a bottle of screenwash left for me at the last leon service, and they don't clean/valet the car (personally, I wouldn't let any garage clean my car nowadays) or give a courtesy car.

The mechanics are fine and, if you are prepared to walk around to the service area, willing to talk about the car, revo etc...

Any problems are with the front desk staff (not bothered, "I aint paid enouf to be pleasant") but all in all ok. They don't do saturday servicing which is a pain.

Price wise, they are not cheap but show me a garage that is.

I've heard good things about Cheshunt Seat and they have always been helpful when I've phoned about various things. Bit more of a drive from the "nam" but would give you a chance to outwit those cameras on the Great Cambridge.

Jochen

Hi,
I Brought and had my Leon Cupra serviced by New Southgate SEAT and I could not fault them, the service and warranty work was always done and the car was washed.
I found out that all the technicians came from a Audi dealership and could not fault there workmanship, and never had any problems with the service advisor or service manager, who where always helpful and explained what had been done to the car.
The dealer did do service work on a saturday, unless they have recently stopped?
Anyway, I would certainly recommend them to you, think you would be lucky to find a better seat dealer.
Good luck anyway.

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
I believe that Watford Seat is part of the same company - I have used themfor my 1st service, and warranty repair work and have always found themto be very courteous, efficient and helpful. Last week, I had a courtesy car from them, a 06 Ibiza Sport.
They have always cleaned my car (in & out) when I get it back.
I think my firstservice, just oil change and check was a bit expensive, but as previous poster said, this is normal!

Cheers,
John.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members