New Toledo Owner

Whoopty

Hi all, have lurked this site for a year or so now as I drooled at all your beautiful cars, and now finally I have my very own Toledo to be proud of. Its a 02 1.8 20v SE and I simply love it! What a jump from my old 1.1 fiesta ;). I got a good deal on it too, only 40,000 miles and obviously since its SE it has all the trimmings, and it was only £4,000!

Once my finances have settled a little I will be looking at sticking on the Leon Cupra R bumpers as those look awesome. Have been having a look around ebay and have yet to find an alloy style that I really like. I usually like 5-6 spoke ones, anyone got any favourites they want to share?

Just found a pic of her:

carfn0.jpg

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
First mod has to be the Seat sport spoiler. really finishes the rear end off. i like the saloon but the boot needed breaking up!

Slamming the car really improves the handling. as does a nice set of 225/17 rims. i was advised 17 over 18 because of the hardness of the ride, but many peeps on here have 18 and love them.

i chose superleggeras as they are lightweight, and cheap alloys tend to be pretty heavy for the same size.

i put skirts on before bumpers as they dont look out of place. i have a cupra bumper ready to be sprayed and when i have the side strips and rear bumper colour coded i will put it on. it will look stupid other wise. you may be ok cos your car is black and the matt plastic trim might not show up so clearly. IMO the cupra R bumper doesnt suit the tolly, but each to their own.

I have had mine for over 3 years and i love it. hope you have deep pockets because its addictive and you find it hard to stop modifying.
OEM seems to be the key, you get a lot of stares because your car looks different but peeps cant quite see why, until you park next to a normal tolly.

well done in the choice of car any way:D

Pre lowering photo
018cropped.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Yeah, they're a pain to clean but multi-spokes are the only way to go on the Toledo

Welcome to the forum.

If you like the car now, just wait till you get it lowered a bit to take out that wallowy feel - they're beasts :funk:

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
Another to the tolly clan :D

Welcome bud.

Am I the only one that likes the standard tolly alloys? Would like some larger alloys on mine but cost and high kerbs in pompey make it a bit unrealistic

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Welcome to the site. I quite like my standard 5 spoke alloys too, even though they are only 16's - although I do like the look of Shady Ninja's. I prefer the the 10v V5 alloys over the later 20v ones. Although they look fine on the outside I do have an issue with some corrosion on the inner rim of one alloy which is allowing air to slowly escape. I'm trying to track down a replacement via a breakers and put a post in 'accessories wanted' on here.

Given the value of my car I don't really want to buy a whole set of new alloys especially as I've just fitted a new set of F1's, even though 17's would probably look better.

Whoopty

Wow, lot of replies! Thanks for making me feel so welcome.

While I remember I might as well ask, can anyone show me how to change my signature? I can't seem to find the option in the User-CP section. Do I need to have a certain post count before I can do it?

Yea I agree on the spoiler front, that will be my first purchase. Just getting used to the increase in fuel consumption though. Plus not getting paid that much atm as I am in the 3rd month of starting my own business and most of my funds got poured into that. However, once things have picked up in a few weeks my tolly will have some interesting modifications on the way don't you worry ;)

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
To change your sig you click on user/cp which then opens up the menu for you to personalise your settings/sig, etc.

If this doesn't work for you you probably need to get your post count up to 10 before it is enabled.

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
Am I the only one that likes the standard tolly alloys? Would like some larger alloys on mine but cost and high kerbs in pompey make it a bit unrealistic

Not sure what alloys you have on yours but mine were the one similar to the old fiesta pepperpot style. The laquer was starting to lift and they were not a silver as they should have been, road grime well and truely ground in!
couldnt wait to get them off!:)

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
I am sure our wheels came from Rtec. but when in UK i reside in Widnes, so trawl the shops all over for ones i like and compare to online prices.

If i were you i would decide on a brand and search the price rather than buy by shop.

stoney

Hello and welcome.. I to am new around these parts. I bought a V5 the other week and am totally loving it (except the constant parking at shell !!!).:shrug:

stoney

Nice one.......

You get used to the constant trips to the petty station....doesnt help the wallet tho:(

Got any plans for it?

firstly I've got to get all the f*ck ups sorted.... The previous owner fitted new pads all round on it but these move inside the caliper so i've been these aren't the right ones for the car. I've also a slight knocking from the front right when going over bumps... both passenger footwells resemble fish tanks...

Once all that's sorted i'm going to bump of the wife and use the insurance money to get it dropped 35mm and slap on some 17's. What to keep the body standard as I think it looks cool as it is. Almost might think about a light tint but maybe to chav for my liking...:funk:

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
firstly I've got to get all the f*ck ups sorted.... The previous owner fitted new pads all round on it but these move inside the caliper so i've been these aren't the right ones for the car. I've also a slight knocking from the front right when going over bumps... both passenger footwells resemble fish tanks...

Once all that's sorted i'm going to bump of the wife and use the insurance money to get it dropped 35mm and slap on some 17's. What to keep the body standard as I think it looks cool as it is. Almost might think about a light tint but maybe to chav for my liking...:funk:

Pads are easy to do yourself. get a wind back tool before you start the job tho!!! dont want it all apart on the floor when you realise this little gem!!!

hear what you say about the fish tanks...my other half is in the process of draining my doors (well when he gets a battery to unlock the doors, the other one is US) he has cleaned the rubber seal and said there was road grime and slime trapped which was blocking the drain holes causing water to build up and drain into the car.....I hear there are storms in the UK today and

not advisable to bump of the wife hahahaha you need her to hold the toold for you! definately lower and get bigger alloys......really makes a BIG difference....

stoney

I couldn't bump of the wife if I tried... She does Kung Fu !! I was advised the fish tank problem would be due to the bit behind the pollen filter ???

Sorted out the pads lastnight so all is good on that side...

I've put my Mk3 GTI Powered Caravelle up for sale now so this WILL fund the lowering and new alloys on the Ledo... (bet my missus will want another dog instead though !!)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members