New Toy

EuKiwi

Jul 7, 2021
Bavaria, Germany
Picked up my new VZ5 yesterday... had a nice 650km drive home from the dealer which was great to run it in. Still babying it for the most part, but hot damn does this thing want to play, even in 'comfort'...

Looking forward to the 1000ish mile mark when I push it a bit more :)
20240305_132232.jpg
20240305_132242.jpg

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Looks great 😎. Magnetic grey really suits the Formentor IMHO, but be sure to use products specifically designed matte paintwork to keep the matte finish looking good.

Reactions: EuKiwi

EuKiwi

Jul 7, 2021
Bavaria, Germany
Looks great 😎. Magnetic grey really suits the Formentor IMHO, but be sure to use products specifically designed matte paintwork to keep the matte finish looking good.

Yeah definitely... automated car washes are now out, which will not make the kids happy hahaha...

Cupra gave me a pile of care products for it actually which was nice.

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
Hope CUPRA can negotiate with Audi to bring the facelift VZ5 to the UK, otherwise I'll have no choice but to buy an RS3 for that engine - which would be the very reason we can't have the VZ5 in the first place. :cautious:

EuKiwi

Jul 7, 2021
Bavaria, Germany
Hope CUPRA can negotiate with Audi to bring the facelift VZ5 to the UK, otherwise I'll have no choice but to buy an RS3 for that engine - which would be the very reason we can't have the VZ5 in the first place. :cautious:
Ah was that the reason? I presumed it was the limited run and not wanting to do RHD...

I considered holding off for the facelift because of the improved infotainment screen etc. but I prefer the look of the pre-facelift personally.

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
Ah was that the reason? I presumed it was the limited run and not wanting to do RHD...

I considered holding off for the facelift because of the improved infotainment screen etc. but I prefer the look of the pre-facelift personally.

Ah yeah, that's probably the real reason actually. But I strongly feel they really should have found a RHD factory to make a production run of the VZ5, instead they launched the VZN... The Formentor sales were really strong, loads of people have them in the UK.

Agreed the pre-facelift is the better looking front, I know the spy shots of the facelift are only out (at this time) so I'm possibly jumping the gun a little. But I'm just trying to tell CUPRA I would forgive them in exchange for the 5 cylinder 2.5 DAZA. ;)

EuKiwi

Jul 7, 2021
Bavaria, Germany
Ah yeah, that's probably the real reason actually. But I strongly feel they really should have found a RHD factory to make a production run of the VZ5, instead they launched the VZN... The Formentor sales were really strong, loads of people have them in the UK.

Agreed the pre-facelift is the better looking front, I know the spy shots of the facelift are only out (at this time) so I'm possibly jumping the gun a little. But I'm just trying to tell CUPRA I would forgive them in exchange for the 5 cylinder 2.5 DAZA. ;)
Yep there are tons of Formentors around... not surprising really, good looking and good price.

True re: the front and spy shots - might be that it looks better after... but there aren't going to be any facelift VZ5s I don't think anyway...

This is actually a lease but given there are only 7000 of them (if they make that many) I might buy it at the end of the lease. :)

EuKiwi

Jul 7, 2021
Bavaria, Germany
Awesome! congrats, very jealous.

Yes re not coming to the UK - I had a rant here: https://www.seatcupra.net/2021/02/2...h-390ps-and-0-62-in-4-2-secs-but-not-so-fast/
Cheers! I only drove it in anger today for the first time and holy c**p does it want to play...

Yeah it's really unfair they only kept it for Europe - I'm from NZ originally and they don't get it there either...

Interesting you have the Taiga Grey model pictured in the article too - I wanted to order one but was just a touch too late - orders for it closed a month before I placed mine...

Having said that the matte magnetic grey looks fantastic.

slapheed

Jun 25, 2022
Really Nice! Same paint as I have on my VZ3. I would love a VZ5 but not if it only came in LHD, not the best for overtaking. Enjoy it pal.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.