New tyres suggestions

Feb 13, 2023
I need some new tyres, I got a puncture today but having looked at the other tyres, one of them is barely 3mm tread and another is so worn and cracked that I think I need 3 new ones now and probably a full set as the remaining 'ok' tyre is less than 4mm tread.

I currently have Hankook Ventus Evo 2, I am thinking I'll try something else now as they are wearing out quite quickly. The 3mm and 4mm front tyres were only replaced in November 2021, although I have done around 17,000 miles on them so that might be good going.

What brand or specific tyre should I look at? Entering my ref suggests 17" tyres. Or should I stick with the same ones, I believe they have been replaced with the Evo 3 now.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2023
Any thoughts on the difference between Primacy 4 and Primacy 4 Plus? The latter is cheaper even though it appears newer.

Matt_anderson

May 8, 2022
North West
I’ll be going for primacy 4’s next time round, mainly as they are rated all weather and have an ‘A’ for fuel efficiency and road noise but aren’t an extortionate price.

Matt_anderson

May 8, 2022
North West
4+ is marked as a ‘c’ for fuel efficiency. I don’t imagine there’s huge differences mind, but have had promacy 4 in the past, they’ve listed and kept me on the road. I don’t need a huge performance tyre or anything so I’m happy with them and will get them when the tyres need changing on this car 👍

Feb 13, 2023
4+ is marked as a ‘c’ for fuel efficiency. I don’t imagine there’s huge differences mind, but have had promacy 4 in the past, they’ve listed and kept me on the road. I don’t need a huge performance tyre or anything so I’m happy with them and will get them when the tyres need changing on this car 👍
That’s what was putting me off too the difference in fuel rating

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
I'm using Goodyear asymmetric 5's which i'm happy with. There are different versions though so I went with the AO (Audi original) version which has the lower fuel and noise rating with the best wet grip.

All season tyres are rather good now for an everyday car.

andye1

Oct 15, 2005
I've had goodyear vector gen3 all seasons on mine. Been on 19 months,done nearly 20k on them and still only half worn. Grip very well all year round and good on fuel and quiet.

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
All season tyres are a great idea in the UK.
It's all very well having super sticky tyres that work well well over 10C but the daily average is only over 10C for half the year and of those averages night time temps are still lower than that while daytime temps bring the average up.

There are some great vids from tyre reviews about this with real world testing etc

Jazzjames

Sep 13, 2018
Germany
I use Goodyear Asymmetric 5 tyres in the summer and Goodyear Ultragrip 8s in the winter. I’m very happy with both sets. My car came with two sets of wheels, but if I had one set I’d go for all seasons.

Michelin won this test:

If I came back to the UK I would either run winter tyres October-March or all seasons. It’s crazy how much better winter tyres are when it gets cold and especially a bit snowy.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise