New Virtual cockpit

Tell

Staff member
Glad you like it. I'm hoping Seat UK will sort out Mapcare now so it's just offered free as other VAG group cars or just a token one off fee as per other Seat markets. There is the work around for the standard system for a full update... leaves Plus users fuming if they see they are driving in a field as shown by the cockpit map.

Hopefully the digital cockpit will bring the silliness of not offering Mapcare to a head. I'm thinking about not having the Plus unit on the big brother Ateca and then whether I want the virtual display. I'd have both with Mapcare.

BTW I've read your tails of wow elsewhere and trust that the car is getting better.... it's the nightmare you fear with electronics although I guess this won't be the digital dash. Ateca get well soon we send healing ... no wrong board. Bet it's a loose connection or a failed control unit which then knocked the car out but not good the day after getting it.

Last edited:

cbcdesign

Feb 5, 2015
BTW I've read your tails of wow elsewhere and trust that the car is getting better.... it's the nightmare you fear with electronics although I guess this won't be the digital dash. Ateca get well soon we send healing ... no wrong board. Bet it's a loose connection or a failed control unit which then knocked the car out but not good the day after getting it.

Thanks Tell. Its still at the dealership at the moment. Seat think the Mechatronic unit failed on the gearbox in such spectacular fashion that it made the rest of the cars systems go into warning meltdown, lol. The VC was still working beautifully, displaying warning after warning about every drive based system failure.

To be fair Seat have hired for me a fully loaded 2017 VW Golf GTD as a loan car until mine is repaired so I can at least get around until my car is back on its wheels. I must say the centre screen on the VW is beautiful, a very high resolution touch screen. It makes the Ateca version look poor by comparison but I actually prefer the smaller VC in the Ateca over the VC in the VW. The Ateca version being smaller looks nicer I think.

Tell

Staff member
I did wonder whether it was the DSG. There was one guy on that other board who's car blew up the day after they got it. A DSG. They were stupid enough to drive back from London to the Midlands in second gear or something. It was taken in and they never appeared again.

I have never had any issues with my Ateca DSG 2.0 TDI I've had for 18 months now or the Altea before which I had for 12 years before although I did get an engine management issue with that quite early on. Ateca DSG is much quicker selecting the gear than the Altea.

When people say DSGs are slow that I believe is the hesitancy of the old box where you jab your foot down on a roundabout and that slight delay, worse when someone doesn't indicate so you brake, then it use to take a while for it to work out what you really wanted to do. All that delay has gone.

My other trick after 18 months of driving it is to avoid coming to a complete stop, then you don't get the electronic handbrake bump as it comes off if you are using it on automatic. I keep everything on automatic apart from the SS that I have fixed to off (Obdeleven). Creep is the trade mark of automatic, more so if you don't want the judder when the auto handbrake comes off.

Good you got all the warnings in glowing colour :). I probably will go for the VC in the Terraco, if I don't go for the Plus I will probably keep the map on the Mib display. If Plus, I will the map in front. I reckon the useful junction lane guidance and the useful list of services, parking ahead, junctions etc is fixed on the Mib central display ?. When it's back on the road you can look for me. From the picture posted up early I think that panel isn't reproduced on the VC ?. That's the split panel you enable on the Mib settings which provides more detail than the next turning shown on non VC. I've assumed that next turning panel is the one you can put in the dial on the right, whilst the more useful one with the next loo spot etc is left in the middle console ?. I could be wrong.

cbcdesign

Feb 5, 2015
Yeah I will have a look and let you know. I should have the car back by the weekend with a bit of luck.

Reactions: Tell
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.