Newbie after an Arosa few questions

ellio

Hi my name is Elliott and obviously I am new to the forum. I am going to look at a 02 arosa on saturday 1.4 sport and was wondering if there is anything or any problems I should be looking out for with the car? Also whats a good price for one its got 36k on the clock and looks like it is good condtition

Thanks for your help:D

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
First and formost make sure it is actually a sport, and not a 1.4 s - S is only a trim level, a true sport will have a centre exit exhaust! :)

Also check the clutch pedal for signs of pedal box failure - take it for a good drive, and also check the level of the pedal. It should be just above the level of the brake pedal, if its lower then you may have pedal box failure (its a goodwill repair on Lupos, but SEAT are a little harder to pursuade as it doesn't seem as common in Arosas.

Other than that, just take it for a good drive, make sure everything is working, and look over the car for dents, dings, chips or rust :)

ellio

cool thanks is deffo a sport 1.4 16v any idea what a good price for one would be I looked on parkers and its say private £3300 is this abut right or will i be looking more? also I know it will be a bised opiion in here but are they fun car to drive?

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Sounds about right. Have a look on the Seat website at used Arosa's and they will probably be a little more expensive. I have a 1.4 Auto Arosa and whilst my opinion may seem biased its the most fun I have had driving a car ! Welcome to the site By the way :D

ellio

lol so looks like the £3750 that they want is a bit too much oh well will have to see if they will come down to a more realistic price

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Arosas tend to go for a little over the Parkers guide as they seem pretty desirable. Try and get them down on it, but they may not want to go down to match Parkers. :)

Have a look on Autotrader to compare prices and get a rough guide on what they go for

ellio

Auto trader is where i found it and was the only one in the area so looks like there arent many about.

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Theres a couple up nationally starting at £3750, so its about right. You could get them down a bit though, depending on what condition its in :)

Or you could join the old-skool-crew and get a mk1 sport ;)

Last edited:

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
Most MK2 sports go for between £3.5-4.5 as stated - they hold their value very well :)

On the test drive, make sure to use the top end of the rev range - that's where the car really takes off, also check the rear wash-wipe - make sure it squirts and that the central locking works well - the rear screenwash pipe is prone to popping off/leaking which can short the micro-switch on the boot lock :)

Other than that, enjoy and buy :D

ellio

will deffo keep a look out for these problems but they dont seem all that bad which is good

ellio

Well we have just been to see it and we loved it put £100 down on it till Wednesday when the cheque would have cleared from her last car. We got it for £3500 which I think is a fair price for it.

ellio

For now we are just going to keep it standard but I fancy making it in to a Arosa Racer replica but dont think she will go for that

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Wohoo well done Elliott !! Welcome to the happy world of Arosa motoring ! Cant wait to see some piccies :)

ellio

lol yeah would probably just go for the looks of the racer as wouldn't cost to much and keep the insurance down. cant wiat to pick it up