'Nice' Leon Rear Lights

JD_SCN

You sure that's legal on the front headlights :confused:

No! not legal on fronts! I'm not going for that intensity with the front lights...literally it's a one layer film that goes on. Road legal with standard bulbs so should have no problems with my uprated one, afterall I think it's all about how much light is emitted.

My rear lights are legal as they emit enough light and I'm pretty sure i'd have been collared by now, been pulled over a few times in the day and night for 'other things' and they never said anything then ;-)

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
A few years ago I nearly went into the back of a 205 which had tinted his lights. You could hardly see his brake lights.

After that I would never tint lights.
As for it being road legal, I seriously doubt it, especially the front.

JD_SCN

A few years ago I nearly went into the back of a 205 which had tinted his lights. You could hardly see his brake lights.

the fact it was a peugeot 205 would suggest it had no electrics working anyway...I can assure you these are legal due to the light that is emitted!

They look darker than they are due to the contrast of the photo.

As for the front...they are hardly tinted, it is a gun smoke film which would not affect even standard bulbs. If they were illegal it wouldn't have passed an MOT and i'm sure the boys in blue would have had something to say when they inspected my tyres, under my bonnet, license, inurance docs.

and in future, when a car starts getting nearly quickly... it's probably braking...or parked.

ChrisMansell

Sep 4, 2008
I think that things that are there for safety i.e. BRAKE LIGHTS should never be tampered with. The fact is that they will NOT let through as much light as they were designed to, and therefore will be less noticable and in my opinion. STUPID!!

you might as well tint your reflectors whilst you're at it so that poeple definitely won't be able to see you! I take it you do want someone to crash into the back of you??

and in my personal opinion, it looks poo anyway, it's like having black wheels on a black car. . . FAR too plain and boring for my liking!

JD_SCN

Tinting reflectors is a different story now that is dangerous/ illegal and I would never approve...I check my lights each morning before I drive to make sure non are out and I always clean them as the leon is prone to road film due to design which would make a cars lights ten times less visible than tints would.

I am safety concious and just cause people don't like tinting they don't need to spout off about it being illegal, the fact that the light output of my rear uprated bulbs and tints passes any regualtions or law in the UK means its a no starter for arguement.

You can tell me how ugly, untasteful and stoooopid it looks as everyone has a right to an opinion.

I personally like black on black cars as I do many other colour combinations. i'm a big fan or white & red and and lime green with purple.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006

Even if the car in front had no brake lights working you'd still be at fault. Your supposed to keep your distance accordingly and not fixate on brake lights. Tinted rears are road legal as long as a reflector is present.
This can often be stuck on under the rear light etc...

Last edited:

ChrisMansell

Sep 4, 2008
what happens if the bulb operating the dash light warning is also blown?[B)]

I check that the dash warning bulb is working each morning before driving.
haha. O.J.

don't you think you're being a bit paranoid though? what if you're oil warning isn't working? do you check your oil manually each morning as well?

the Leon is highly computerised and I think that you should be able to drive at ease, knowing that if there isn't a warning, then all the bulbs are functioning properly.

JD_SCN

in my personal opinion, it looks poo anyway, it's like having black wheels on a black car. . . FAR too plain and boring for my liking!

Was this opinion based on when you tried on your new black shoes with your dress?

It can get as personal as you like...you don't like tinting lights I don't like bright yellow cars except in lamborghini gallardo form (but i don't b!tch to all the onvi yellow owners)...this is a forum for seat owners. I posted on the link to just show people my rear lights that's all!?

And no I don't check my oil each morning, car usually stops when there's non in.
But you'd know all about there being no oil DIPSTICK!;)

jdearden

I see the light!

I think that things that are there for safety i.e. BRAKE LIGHTS should never be tampered with. The fact is that they will NOT let through as much light as they were designed to, and therefore will be less noticable and in my opinion. STUPID!!

you might as well tint your reflectors whilst you're at it so that poeple definitely won't be able to see you! I take it you do want someone to crash into the back of you??

and in my personal opinion, it looks poo anyway, it's like having black wheels on a black car. . . FAR too plain and boring for my liking!

I don't think you should be using words out of context...TAMPER To make unauthorised alterations to something.
Also changing tyres can alter braking distances so is this deemed dangerous? all those ppl who have changed their tyres are in the wrong and tampering?
Maybe those who wear sunglasses are deemed dangerous as they are reducing the rate of emitted light to their eyes?
Maybe when reversing in a cupra/fr the factory tinted windows are dangerous?
Stupid is an adjective meaning lacking in intelligence, because someone tints theire lights doesn't mean they are lacking intelligence.
Perhaps read a dictionary before posting, or a thesauras to put them into correct context.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisMansell

Sep 4, 2008
jesus, you girls really take things personally don't you?

I simply expressed my opinions; it's obviously that time of the month for you two isn't it.

JD_SCN - you didn't seem to be bothered in your first reply, but then you obviously broke a nail which made you a bit cranky.

"And no I don't check my oil each morning, car usually stops when there's non in." worst come back EVER, infact it's not even a come back - it just makes you seem even less like a person with a functioning brain.

jdearden - whatever. how about you get a life? and whilst you're at it, spell check and look up the definition of every word I'm writing just to get your extra kicks.

I still stick with 'tampering' as well because who the FCUK authorised it?

quote "the fact that the light output of my rear uprated bulbs and tints passes any regualtions or law in the UK means its a no starter for arguement"

passes any regulations or law? I doubt it, who told you that? seeing as you're both being petty, you don't "pass" a regualation or a law, you meet the requirements of them; and this I find to be bull poo. . .

the fact is that most people that tint their lights do it way too much, this I find is STUPID. the fact that you are reducing the light emitted which is to warn other drivers that you are slowing down/stopping is in my OPINION, stupid. so do one.

gazp123

Feb 1, 2008
Sunderland
jesus, you girls really take things personally don't you?

I simply expressed my opinions; it's obviously that time of the month for you two isn't it.

JD_SCN - you didn't seem to be bothered in your first reply, but then you obviously broke a nail which made you a bit cranky.

"And no I don't check my oil each morning, car usually stops when there's non in." worst come back EVER, infact it's not even a come back - it just makes you seem even less like a person with a functioning brain.

jdearden - whatever. how about you get a life? and whilst you're at it, spell check and look up the definition of every word I'm writing just to get your extra kicks.

I still stick with 'tampering' as well because who the FCUK authorised it?

quote "the fact that the light output of my rear uprated bulbs and tints passes any regualtions or law in the UK means its a no starter for arguement"

passes any regulations or law? I doubt it, who told you that? seeing as you're both being petty, you don't "pass" a regualation or a law, you meet the requirements of them; and this I find to be bull poo. . .

the fact is that most people that tint their lights do it way too much, this I find is STUPID. the fact that you are reducing the light emitted which is to warn other drivers that you are slowing down/stopping is in my OPINION, stupid. so do one.

You need a bit of fanny mate...

jdearden

I'm guessing your dad is Nigel Mansell as he enjoyed a bloody good whine too!

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
jerry.gif

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
the fact it was a peugeot 205 would suggest it had no electrics working anyway...I can assure you these are legal due to the light that is emitted!

They look darker than they are due to the contrast of the photo.

As for the front...they are hardly tinted, it is a gun smoke film which would not affect even standard bulbs. If they were illegal it wouldn't have passed an MOT and i'm sure the boys in blue would have had something to say when they inspected my tyres, under my bonnet, license, inurance docs.

and in future, when a car starts getting nearly quickly... it's probably braking...or parked.

Even if the car in front had no brake lights working you'd still be at fault. Your supposed to keep your distance accordingly and not fixate on brake lights. Tinted rears are road legal as long as a reflector is present.
This can often be stuck on under the rear light etc...

Yes, but at night. Rear lights are dimmer so appear further away.

I've found that the type of people who tint their lights are also the sort that drive 1m behind your bumper.

ChrisMansell

Sep 4, 2008
I'm guessing your dad is Nigel Mansell as he enjoyed a bloody good whine too!

hmmm, I noticed that your post that I was referring to in my 'whine' says this

Last edited by jdearden; Yesterday at 18:29.

when my rant was at 18:16

interesting

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.