no response from controller message

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
just bought a gebuine ross tech micro-can cable , i have installed vag com 704.1 and it seems to keep bringing this message up , NO RESPONSE FROM CONTROLLER , Its driving me mad :censored: , anyone know what this is , i have searched but cant find anything that helps me

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
there is only 2 ports on my computer , it is only recognising the usb port in the options as well , port 1-4 its not recognising , could it be because i am running windows vista , it says on the rosstech site that it is compatible with vista and xp :shrug:

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
still cant find it , all there is is , SELECT CONTROL MODULE , AUTO SCAN , CONTROL MODULE FINDER , OBD ll FUNCTIONS , APPLICATIONS , PROGRAM OPTIONS , and ABOUT at the bottum of the page

Last edited:

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
you need to go into your "control panel" in windows...then choose "system", then click the tab "Hardware"...go into "device manager" and scroll down to the USB controllers...find the ross tech cable driver...double click and hunt around for a Port tab, then check the Port number is either 1, 2, 3 or 4.

When you go back into vag com, choose "options" select the com port you set, and "test", it should work then.

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
If you bought a genuine cable from Ross-Tech or one of our distributors, you are entitled to tech support. If you continue to have problems, send an email to [email protected] and we will get back to you with the needed support. For what it is worth, Dave has given the right advice. Most likely the USB driver for the cable is not installed and needs to be configured by the Device Manager in Windows to get things working.

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
ive just spoke to ross-tech on there american phone number , and hopefully they are going to get back to me , seemed to me like they werent interested and said they would reply via e mail :shrug: , why cant they just tell me over the phone , the guys name was andy

Theresias

It is impossible to answer all questions on the phone simply because you can and will never supply all necessary information via phone. However, your problem is quite simple though because your signature states the necessary information - I assume something you missed telling Andy on the phone.

#1 nick-barnes07, you did buy a Micro-CAN but per your signature you are trying to work on an Seat Ibiza. Have you checked the compatibility of the Micro-CAN to your car before? As you can see from the TEST results K1 and K2 are not supported by the Micro-CAN, this means you bought the wrong product. A KEY or HEX+CAN series interface would have worked instead.

Our Micro-CAN page clearly states which models are compatible with that interface, yours isn't listed there.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/Micro-CAN.html

#1 m0rk, Ross-Tech USB Interface do not use serial ports, there is nothing to alter/change. His interface works fine as the test function clearly says since it finds the interface and gives a status.

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
it was bought for a mk4 golf , will it not work on this vehicle , my mate has the same cable and it works fine on my car , even his old cable which worked fine on his computer and brung up fault codes , does not work on my computer

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.