No Speedo and Crazy Fuel Gauge

sirjimalot

JIM-MAN
Aug 10, 2005
County Durham
ive done a search on this and people have said its happened to them and the plugs on the gearbox were either off or bad connections, this isnt the case with mine, nor is there an apparent earth problem,

I have had no speedo since August now, and its getting annoying as im not clocking any miles!

It stopped working when i put the 16v motor in but did have moments when it worked then went off.

help me please

sirjimalot

JIM-MAN
Aug 10, 2005
County Durham
no problems with the cluster, it came from a 34k cupra and was working fine, went straight into mine as the immobiliser is rendered useless.

What gets me is it has worked a few times?

sirjimalot

JIM-MAN
Aug 10, 2005
County Durham
Vag com doesn't really agree with my car! The engine loom is a 'one off' shall we say its a conjoined mk2 16v / mk3 loom so vag com gets a little confused

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
That to me suggests there are more fundamental electrical issues with the car, especially reading your other thread too :think: Why is it a mixed loom?

sirjimalot

JIM-MAN
Aug 10, 2005
County Durham
Yeah thats my thinking i just didnt want to tear into it big stylee if someone else had an easy solution, And the fact that it has worked a few times,

Its a conjoined loom cause the car was a 1.4 but it now has a 1.9 16v mk2 motor in, and the fuse box layout is totally different, so i utilised what i could from the existing loom, and then used what i had to from the mk2 loom inorder to make it 'work'

hmmmm

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.