No water out of rear wash wipe.

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Hi Guys,

I've noticed in the past week, there was no no water coming out of the rear window jet. So I checked today, and the water is coming out the bottom of hatch door.
Question before I strip all the panel off what do I look for as the problem:confused:

Thanks in advance.

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
99.9% sure the pipe has popped off the wiper assembly under the bootlid panel.

mine popped off again the other day. Take the 2 screws out of the grab handles and either;

A: tug like a banshee and hope you dont snap any of the clips

B: remove the rear bulb cluster covers and use a long screwdriver to pry out the clips

then its just a case of pulling it away at the bottom so you can get your arm in.

dan boy

May 1, 2008
loughborough
it happened to mine last week its the pipe inside rear panel .just take off the bootlid panel just like said above then look at where the wiper arm comes in and you will see the pipe hanging off just push it back on .since i did mine mine has poped off in the side panel in boot now :cry:

johntheboy

Mar 25, 2006
Teesside - North East
Yep, put myne back on a few months ago, sits just behind the boot light and a bit forward from it on the left hand side (if that makes sence), bit awkward if you just prise it up to see but only takes a minute and you'll feel it click back into place.

tdi sport

Apr 13, 2008
mines off to but the water is coming out from the rear arch on the drivers side anyone no how i might get to this

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
happend to me twice, so i've resorted to a high concentration of screenwash to try and stop it freezing in the first place!

sunilbass

Jan 12, 2007
lesta
i found it popped out in 2 places, int he boot lid and near the arch behind the carpet!!!

ps it wasnt fun at all getting the boot teim off(it took 2 of us!!)

wise jason - defo on that one!!

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
happend to me twice, so i've resorted to a high concentration of screenwash to try and stop it freezing in the first place!

skullmunki your car looks awesome in your sig - nice one!

Anyway, just a word of advice on this topic though for those who may be interested.

I heard from a mechanic friend a long time ago that a high concentration of washer fluid is NOT a good thing as it can congeal, leading to - yep you guessed it - blocked jets!

Since then I've always used a fairly weak solution, then just make sure I don't use it when I know it's likely to be frozen as this can also have it's own problems of leading to pressure buid-up which can force the tubing to come off at the jet end!

Of course I don't actually know if any of this is true :rolleyes:, but I've yet to have a problem since practicing the above!

:)

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
skullmunki your car looks awesome in your sig - nice one!

Anyway, just a word of advice on this topic though for those who may be interested.

I heard from a mechanic friend a long time ago that a high concentration of washer fluid is NOT a good thing as it can congeal, leading to - yep you guessed it - blocked jets!

Since then I've always used a fairly weak solution, then just make sure I don't use it when I know it's likely to be frozen as this can also have it's own problems of leading to pressure buid-up which can force the tubing to come off at the jet end!

Of course I don't actually know if any of this is true :rolleyes:, but I've yet to have a problem since practicing the above!

:)

cheers mate :)

well, hopefully my jets won't block...its frozen overnight so I guess i'll find out in a bit!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise