Noise in engine bay

flashp

Jul 1, 2008
...and it's not my engine! Thank you.
I wonder if anyone else has noticed this on an FR170. Maintaining 1250rpm / 1400rpm and driving in first gear I hear a noise which is best likened to a panel or fitting in the engine bay vibrating, It could even be a pipe I suppose. It goes away as engine speed increases, but it is present as you drive normally when, for example, on a gear change when the engine revs are dropping past this point. I don't hear it if you accelerate briskly though. I don't drive everywhere in first gear either, but this is an easy way to recreate the noise.

I'm certain it's not been there all the time from new. It's an 08 car if it makes any difference to anyone.

BTW - seriously thinking about a suspension upgrade for a more compliant ride, but without compromising handling. Roads seem to be getting worse and I'm finding the OEM set up too harsh in the long term.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

treaclesponge

Jun 2, 2008
Swanley, UK
I know what you mean mate, if you are crawling in traffic its like a clattering noise from the engine bay, sounds really bad too! Havent found it yet, cant make it do it when im on the drive only when Im driving.