Nokia N73 - compatible?

gfunk

Hi there,

Phone upgrade time and I'm considering the Nokia N73 or the Sony Erricsson K800i. I've read from other posts the the K800i works fine with the Seat bluetooth pack but wondered if anyone new about the N73?

thanks in advance.

g

gfunk

Oh well, I've just got my N73 Nokia so will let you know if it works.

I take it no one else has tried one judging by the lack of replies?

cheers,
g

treehugger

Sep 15, 2006
North Suffolk
Hi, I can confirm that the nokia N80 works, but the phonebook doesn't. The bluetooth did drop alot, but that has been fixed with the newest firmware update.

HTH

Tree Hugger

gfunk

thanks Mr Hugger, will see how the N73 behaves but it's good to know the N80 works even if the phonebook doesn't.

cheers,
g

mark92400

n73

The N73 will work but without your phones phonebook displaying on the dashboard. The other problem with it is that when a call comes through it will ring from the phone and not the cars speakers. The list of phones on Seats web site is an old list which does not help us when trying to buy new phones! Has anyone tries Samsung phones with he system?

Birdy

Nov 30, 2006
Manchester (astley)
Hello all

I am waiting on my Leon to come with bluetooth i have also got a Nokia N73 has any one else got it working?

Also have you tried turning 'remote SIM mode' to ON in your bluetooth settings on the phone and then connecting to the car.???;)

gfunk

I've managed to get my first N73 to work (without the phonebook function) but then had to get it replaced as the nav key fell off. Since then I haven't got the new one to work but I really haven't had time to play around much as my wife drives the car all the time and her SE K750i works perfectly.

So in conclusion, N73 great phone, amazing camera but not so good if you have a Leon with bluetooth pack.

Birdy - I will try your suggestion over the weekend and let you know how it goes.

cheers,
greg

Birdy

Nov 30, 2006
Manchester (astley)
I've managed to get my first N73 to work (without the phonebook function) but then had to get it replaced as the nav key fell off. Since then I haven't got the new one to work but I really haven't had time to play around much as my wife drives the car all the time and her SE K750i works perfectly.

So in conclusion, N73 great phone, amazing camera but not so good if you have a Leon with bluetooth pack.

Birdy - I will try your suggestion over the weekend and let you know how it goes.

cheers,
greg

Cheers pal would be great to know.

Only three more weeks of waiting for my FR to turn up.

gfunk

hi birdy,

tried my N73 over the weekend and I can't get it to work, even with the 'remote sim mode' on so I'm not sure what to do next. I think I'll contact Seat and see what they suggest.

If your's works please let me know as it might be my phone that's not working properly.

cheers
g

PS: 3 weeks till the FR... nice xmas present to yourself, enjoy it bud.

Birdy

Nov 30, 2006
Manchester (astley)
hi birdy,

tried my N73 over the weekend and I can't get it to work, even with the 'remote sim mode' on so I'm not sure what to do next. I think I'll contact Seat and see what they suggest.

If your's works please let me know as it might be my phone that's not working properly.

cheers
g

PS: 3 weeks till the FR... nice xmas present to yourself, enjoy it bud.

As soon as i get it pal i will have a play, you must be able to do something as in the guide to phones that work it states that a 7610 works and i think a N80 works these all use the same operating system as a N73 will let you know ASAP

Cheers Neil

NewyLeon

Hi G,

Can you tell me where you heard that the K800i works with the leon in car bluetooth? I have just got my leon but it does not work with my k800i it keeps connecting and disconnecting and I can't ge the phone book either.

Cheers

gfunk

NewyLeon, my wife has the K800i and it's worked perfectly from day one. Can't think why yours would be different, perhaps go back to the dealer.

hoooverman

The thing you also have to appreciate is the firmware your phone is running. I have the N73 on O2. It's still on the original (v1) firmware and it keeps dropping bluetooth connection. Some people have suggested this is fixed with newer firmware but this is not yet available on O2. I think Orange has bought out newer firmware so guessing this might work better?

gfunk

Yes, I've been reading up on this. I think the Three network has a newer firmware upgrade as do other networks but not 02.

You can fool the Nokia site into upgrading your phone but you have to change the product code somehow which involves a lengthy process, which unless your 'techy' I wouldn't bother with.

I guess we just wait for 02 and Nokia to catch up.

Great phone though the N73 even without Seat compatibility!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.