Non-Starting Cupra - Whats Wrong Now? (Inc Video)

Poverty

What about harder cams. There is a guy on here who is shelling out 400 quid for his to get rid of cam wear issues!

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
but what do you do with all the paticles of your worn cam follower which are cirulating around your engine?:doh:

clean them off your magnetic sump plug ;).

dont forget they are 2 metal parts effectively just rubbing together. the best you can do is change your oil at the recommended intervals and check the cam follower now and again.
anything more and your more likely to cause problems than prevent any.

the follower costs less than £20 anyway so if youve any concerns ask them to replace it on a 10k service.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Regular oil change helps with things like this too ;)

My cars get an oil change every 5000 miles or sooner if I am at a loose end :D

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
isnt that what i just said?

i'm up in the borders (peebles'ish) tomorrow and sunday if your near and still would like to hear a apr exhaust system.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
isnt that what i just said?

i'm up in the borders (peebles'ish) tomorrow and sunday if your near and still would like to hear a apr exhaust system.

I guess in a roundabout way, yeah :)

Would love to hear it mate - thanks for the offer :) - Only snag is I am headed even further north tomorrow :doh:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
For sure. Was saying to Z, Ben and Dan that I would love to come down and meet some of you lads this year. Would be great if something could be organised in a northerly location to account for us who live way up in the sticks :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
We will see eh :). We can only try to organise something for those in North/Mid England and the Jocks. I would defo be up for it - would be good to see other Cupras as there are a severe lack of them up this way. Would be good to meet all the people I speak to on here all year too - put a face to the username etc :)

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members